It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ZENDIKAR PRERELEASE 

Post ZENDIKAR PRERELEASE
Guys, Ron has provided the following info:

The info on the website is a bit tricky: here is the main info page for Japan Zendikar PR:
Ron said "The regional prerelease information is located under the 世界同時開催プレリリース link. Note that the Japan regional info will only show up if you're looking at the page in Japanese."

He also gave me the TO's homepage with all the info - it's in Japanese, but easy enough to figure out what will be offered, at what time and at what cost. I might go to the afternoon one - it will start at 3, but god only knows when it'll finish.

Brian, do you remember this place in Itabashi? I'm almost certain that this is where we went for the Alara Reborn PR.

Failing that, most stores (especially AMenity) will have smaller instore pre-releases. my advice would be to get in today or tomorrow and SIGN UP FOR THEM - if you show up on the day they will have already filled their spaces.

Stephen, this is Saturday only. If you can find a venue you like (Yokohama, but not 100% on the place) for Sunday, I'll meetcha there.

I'm running late - sposed to leave half an hour ago. If anyone can clarify this info, please post here. I really wanna see a monstrous gaijin presence at the PRs this time!!

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: ZENDIKAR PRERELEASE
This seems pretty interesting. Here are a few more bits I found interesting. Might just be because I'm new.

Sealed at 9:30 and 3:00. 4 rounds, you get a pack every time you win. This is a bit interesting for me since I'm used to top places getting prizes.

2HG at 4:00pm 3 rounds a pack per player per win as well. This is one of my favorite formats if anybody is up for it.

The Gunslingers are Nakamura and Watanabe. The format is pack wars which I've never heard of actually being used for something important. But playing against shuuhei would be fun.

8 man single elimination booster drafts at 5:00. 4-2-1-1 prize format.

Oh and there's a training session for beginners at 10:45.

Drafts are fun but it seems like I'm not good enough at reading to be good at it yet.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail

The most important info is WHERE and WHEN. The WHAT is usually not the main issue for prerelease events ;)

Also, anyone know if there's a "Win Big" tournament again? I really liked that payout structure! Plus, the obvious question about English cards...

Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail

When and where are probably the most important but I only mentioned the what since it was quite different from what I might expect from a prerelease event.

The page doesn't list anything about a "WIN Big" event or say anything about english cards as far as I could see. I didn't read it that closely but those things probably would have popped out.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail

So, I think I'll check out the event tomorrow; it sounds like it's big enough and it's got lots of stuff going on so hey!

Anyone else want to come along? The directions say it's a 1-minute walk from the station, which pretty much translates to almost the same building. Whee!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm
Profile E-mail

I'll be there by 1:30 - gunslinging til the 3pm PR. packwars=free packs of Zen? Beyond awesome!!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail

I didn't mention it, but gunslinging costs 500 yen so it's not a free pack. (Not even a cheap pack by my calculation.)

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Booyah! First place here at the shop I played in Edmonton. First place with 24 players got me 9 packs and some foils.

How'd you all do? It's bragging time! :D

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail

2-2

The deck was decent and the losses were to its major weakness: aggro draws. I am very pleased with the set overall, neither me nor my opponents could really complain about bad beats like screw, flood or horrible bombs. Seems very well balanced!

In hindsight, if I had changed 2-3 cards and mulliganed more aggressively I'm pretty sure I could have won more. Looking forward very much to drafting!

Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
2 Headed Giant with Daryl today: 2-1 (we lost to Shindo!)
My deck was fun (when it worked), mainly green, splash red, with Terra Stompa and 2/1 Basilisk which was devastating with Gigantiform. I had 8 allies too, including the 3/3 Minotaur Warlord. Yikes !
Daryl's black/red was very strong support.
Great set.
We didn't crack a mox.
S ;)

Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next