It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 World of Warcraft board game 

Post World of Warcraft board game
hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has this board game. I know of some people who are interested in playing it. I seem to remember that someone has this game.

Jeff

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: World of Warcraft board game
I have it; played it twice so far. (I can only play it with JIGG people, because of plenty of English). I don't enjoy it as much as some other recent acquisitions, thus I don't usually take it with me to a game day, its space better spent on BSG and Space Alert :)

I don't know, both times I tried it, it kind of dragged on a bit too long. BSG plays in roughly the same time, and is much more gripping. Or else we were exceptionally bad at playing WoW:tAG.

But if you want, I'll bring it some day. Unfortunately, that day will not be in March, since I'll have to play tourist guide to my visiting mother.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:00 am
Profile E-mail

Ah - oops. Sorry. I misread, thought you wrote World of Warcraft: the Adventure Game.

I do not have World of Warcraft: the Board Game, nor did I play it. I would not mind trying once, even though I concluded from the reviews that I will not be buying it.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:02 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
I took the liberty of moving this since it didn't have anything to do with any specific game day. :)

I feel mostly the same way as Goran. I have the adventure game and although I think it's fun I don't think it's THAT fun. However, I imagine you could start working out more interesting strategies for the different characters over time.

I'd love to try the board game as I liked the mechanics when I read the rulebook (lots and LOTS of dice!) as it really seemed to capture how the different roles work in the mmorpg. But apart from the mechanics the overall impression of the game is that it seems repetative and rather drawn out. But, as I said, I'd love to try it!

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]