It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Why...? 

Post Why...?
Isnt this forum linked out on the JIGG yahoo page? I didnt see it in the links and cant we have it on the front page? Be pretty useful there.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Why...?
It's kind of not an official springoff of Jigg yet is my thinking. But nothing is really official anyway. I beleive it has gotten the blessing of the Yahoo Jigg group Mods, so it might be just as easy as reminding someone or asking someone.

I think it also fits into both of the following catagories "build it and they will come", and "what came first, the chicken or the egg". If this forum becomes active, people will transfer over to discuss topics. If people aren't discussing topic here, then no one will transfer over.

The other way to look at it is, if no one uses this board then it isn't neccessary anyway, and why divide up Jigg even more than it is now. I'd like to see all groups(CCG, Miniatures, RPG, Boardgames, and Jigg locations) move over to this forum and disband all but the original Yahoo group. This board can handle all the groups and their discussions. And I think this forum would be much easier to navigate for new people so that they can find what they want. That also helps if everyone is on board being in the same location such as this forum.

Where are the magic guys? Those guy are movers and shakers.........are there any magic guys on here, what's their thoughts? Maybe they don't even know about this forum, that may be a possibility, as they are on different Yahoo group than the original Jigg group and I don't know if a post about this forum has made it over to them.
See what I'm saying, discombobulated, but neccessary using Yahoo groups as they aren't a forum and people have to sift through non relative stuff.

My thoughts straight up.....the yahoo group is not suited best for all the gaming styles and gaming groups in Japan. This forum is. Yahoo is only good because it's easily searchable, and it can catch new people and point them here.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:09 am
Profile E-mail

Matt I totally agree with you. There are way to many groups out there of JIGG on Facebook (looks dead), Himsouth whatever JIGG (only one person it seems,comatose), 3 forums (including this one), the JIGG magic Yahoo group (yes there is one), the Wiki Jigg page (dead)...

There's to many. I can understand the JIGG groups for specific areas like Kansai (alive and kicking strong) but we have 2 just for Kanagawa. To much, we need to focus to catch people otherwise someone will find one of the dead groups and write us off.

While looking for a site I found more JIGG named sites, some of them are just copy and pastes from other sites. Thats to bad.

From this website there is a list of gaming groups also, very nice site.....

Hope we dont get spread any thinner, hate to see all of this kind of fall apart.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Here it is matt, the Magic page

Jiggmagic
(jiggmagic@yahoogroups.com)

Only 26 members but 43 new messages, very active group

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I agree as well. I'm fairly new to JIGG and when I started looking around for gaming clubs/groups in Japan on the net I found a bunch of different JIGG affiliated pages, but most of them didn't have much info and just seemed to be redirecting towards each other.
Is the main JIGG site?

I think it'd be great if we could bring together as many parts of JIGG as possible and maybe prune some of the old dead websites that just serves to confuse people.

Getting the Magic players on here would be great and the modular natur of these types of forums makes it really easy to add some subforums for different CCGs or planned events etc. :)

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail

I really hope that isnt the main page. Months apart between each posts, copy and pasts from other websites...almost nothing orignal and very few about the games days or the local groups.

I always figured the Yahoo JIGG was the main page. And there are to many of those also. I checked them out and most of them are full of spammers. Pretty sad, no wander this group has so much trouble.

Should be more focused, that would make it all easier to find. The shotgun effect here isnt going to work and doesnt seem to be helping.

Let people blog on here to describe thier games day experiences and post to the Yahoo group, those make great advertisements. Ryan k and Matt really do write up some nice ones.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail

I just posted a message on the Magic Yahoo group.

Hopefully they will come check this forum out, I think it sells itself after that.

This website is done by Kevin, a founding farther of JIGG. It's part of Jigg, but kind of an offshoot. He also advertises his Englsih school on that site I think. I like the site, but rarely visit as I forget about it, he posts some interesting stuff.

This is done by a person who I think heads up a group in Fuokoka. Check out the pictures of his gaming area. Again, I think it is kind of an offshoot. Nice site though huh.

I think the main Jigg site would be the Yahoo groups. I imagine the most hits from new people are there. I know the Magic guys use the Yahoo group extensively, the main Jigg one is used on and off, but it has the stigma of not being used as a discussion board for obvious reasons.

I know nothing about the roleplayers here in Tokyo.....there was a post in the Yahoo group around new year that one RPG person had setup a forum something like this. It was really nice actually, but it already had a deep RPG theme and I don't think all the Jigg groups would have easily transfered over to that. You want to read some wild writing, check out the RPG peoples blogs.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Guys,

I agree to the fact that we should stick to this forum! it is easy to use it will include many topics and people can exchange opinions easily.
I believe it is better than the Yahoo groups. We need to move forward toward the future.

GIovanni

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey, we magic guys got the memo and are slowly switching over to here. mainly in the collectible card games section

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
djones52 wrote:
Hey, we magic guys got the memo and are slowly switching over to here. mainly in the collectible card games section

Yeah, it's really good to see you here, and being so active! :)

Just shout if you need more space (subforums etc).

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]