It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:50 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 What is DBA 

---------
Post What is DBA
Hi All,
Since we have been talking about wargaming and there have been a lot of coded names written on the messages I thought it would be nice to write or at least to copy paste some information about the games I am interested in promoting! so lets start with a description of DBA (AKA De Bellis Antiquitatis)

De Bellis Antiquitatis or DBA is a fast play set of rules for the hobby of historical miniature wargaming, particularly ancient and medieval wargaming in the period 3000 BC to 1485 AD. These rules allow entire armies to be represented by less than 50 figures. The rules also include a campaign system and over 200 army lists. DBA is produced by the Wargames Research Group and was the first game in the DBx series, which now includes De Bellis Multitudinis (DBM, a more complex version of DBA), De Bellis Magistrorum Militum (DBMM, a successor or alternative to DBM), Hordes of the Things (a fantasy version), and De Bellis Renationis (DBR, a Renaissance version).

Scale: Each army is composed of 12 elements (stands), with several figures fixed upon each one. The number of men represented by an element varies according to the size of the army simulated and the number of figures that it has, but at a nominal ground it would be more or less 250 for each figure. Ground scale is 1" = 100 paces for 15 mm figures or smaller, 40 mm = 100 paces for 25/28 mm figures. One turn represents 15 minutes. Can be used with 25/28 mm, 20mm(1/72plastic) 15 mm, 6 mm, or 2 mm figures.

Basing: The width of the base depends upon the scale of figures being used; the depth depends upon both figure scale and type. The number of figures per base also depends upon the figure's type. For instance, an element of 15 mm swordsmen is composed of 4 figures mounted on a 40 mm (frontage) x 15 mm (depth) base; a 15 mm elephant is mounted alone on a 40 mm x 40 mm base.

We mainly play this game using 1/72 plastic figures, for the simple reaso that are easily available in Japan, they are cheap and there is a vast range of boxed sets.

I hope you enjoyed this small eplaination of the game and if you are interested please let me know we can organize some games, tutorials, painting etc.

Also if you came and read all the post please leave a message with your impressions. even if you think miniature games are not for you, let me know why!

Ciao

Giovanni

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]