It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 West tokyo wargamers 

Post West tokyo wargamers
HI All,

a while ago the West Tokyo Wargamers restarted their activities, we are about 5-6 people adn we enjoy mainly miniature wargaming with some boardgames in between.

We are almost all from the Tama area with some members from Saitama and Yokohama and of course we welcome anyone who is interested in playing with us.

We als have a small blog where we keep in contact and show what our activities are.

I'd like to think we are a branch of a bigger JIGG in Tokyo and we meet in the Tama area because carrying miniatures and terrain all the way to Yoyogi Uehara is very difficult.

I hope we can have someone visitng us at our next gaming day that I normally hold in my apartment with the "blessing" of my wife.

please check out our blog.

Thank you

Giovanni

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: West tokyo wargamers
come on anyone!!!!

come out

Giovanni

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Hey Giovanni. I like the blog! :)

It would be fun to join you although my experiences of historical wargaming is rather limited (I'm used to orcs, elves and big bad aliens. :D )
Whereabouts is Tama? What station would I get off at if I wanted to go there?

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Martin,

we normally meet at Seisekisakuragaoka my station on the Keio line.

We are not at all hardcore and I come from elves, chaos warriors and the likes and it is not a problem to switch and play both games.

basically if you can paint and play toy soldiers you can play historical. We infact plan to play warhammer historical wich is warhammer without magic and it is working out to be a rather nice game.

Next meeting we plan to play a boardgame, and something else if we go over the limit of players for Maharaja.

I could introduce you to some simple, light weight historical wargame, and I can almost provide rules and figures if you are positively interested.

Please let me know I am always excited to introduce new people to historical figures.

how about other people? come on!! historical gaming is not scary neither nerdy!! we all have a high igene profile and we play in a friendly relaxed atmosphere!

looking forward to hear from many people!!

Giovanni

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi guys, I am also in Tokyo, Yoyogiuehare area. I am a big fun of Axis and Allies, but mostly play on line @ GTO because I cant find people to play with live.
I have the A&A 50 aniv edition and the newer 2009 classic board version.
I also have the USA version of Ticket to ride.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi There,

I am quite desperate to play Axis and Allies!! Although we meet on the Keio line so I do not know if it might be easy for you.

But If you could I'd love to play the 50 anniversay edition sometimes after the new year's break.

please keep in touch, we are going to have a gaming session on the 21st of November, so if you are interested please join us.

Gioavnni

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Keio line is not a problem, my wifes parents live in Chofu so I tend to use it a lot.
Would be glad to join you on the 21st and even bring the A&A with me, but cant commit to it yet. Let me know what games you are planing to play.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]