It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Welcome! 
Site Admin

Post Re: Welcome!
Hey!

The idea behind this forum was bring more people together rather than keep them apart so the more going on the better I'd say. :)

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 am
Profile E-mail

Great initiative, thanks a lot for creating this forum !

I have been very inactive for the past few months and this is the perfect occasion to get back to some serious gaming.

I don't know if this will be useful or not, but I can offer technical assistance on the forum, since I administer one myself on my own server. I've been using and coding in PHP for 10 years now, so I know my way around.

On top of that, should this forum ever lack space or need more, I can offer to host it on my own. It's a small box sitting in my room, so it's subject to power failures and untimely switch off, but it's usually offline no longer than a couple of hours a year :geek:

Anyway, keep up the good work !!!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

LocoNeko wrote:
I don't know if this will be useful or not, but I can offer technical assistance on the forum, since I administer one myself on my own server. I've been using and coding in PHP for 10 years now, so I know my way around.

That would be very helpful as I've just dabbled with PHP. I'll sen you a pm. :)

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Well done :D the forum is starting to produce a good response. I'll make a point of promoting tomorrow at the games day here in Osaka.

Ryan :ugeek:

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello all.

This site looks good. I like the forum, simple and intuative. Good work Martin.

One thing, is you should probably make another person that is staying in Japan an admin incase you get hit by a bus or something. Possibly the admins from the Yahoo Jigg site.

Cheers.
Matt

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

MattV wrote:
One thing, is you should probably make another person that is staying in Japan an admin incase you get hit by a bus or something. Possibly the admins from the Yahoo Jigg site.

Yes, I've set Kevin up as a founder so he has full admin rights and if anyone else would to help mod this forum just give me a shout. So far it's not that much activity but when (if?) it starts picking up a moderator for each forum would probably be a good idea.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:46 am
Profile E-mail

Martin,

Can we get this site up on the front page of JIGG and shop it around to the other gaming group websites?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

johnnyp40k wrote:
Martin,

Can we get this site up on the front page of JIGG and shop it around to the other gaming group websites?

Absolutely. I think that'd be a great idea. However, I'm fairly new to JIGG and don't know which is the main site (as you mentioned in your other thread there are a few) or who runs it so it's kind of in the hands of those people.
When you say "the front page of JIGG" which site are you referring to?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail

I've posted the link in the greeting on the JIGG Yahoo Groups front page. :)

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi all,

Well, I've finally made it unto the forum. It looks nice.

Nick S

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next