It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:50 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Trade Lists 

Post Re: Trade Lists
The problem is that you don't know the guy with all the cards.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 am
Profile E-mail

skfs wrote:
You know, you could just hit the "edit" button on a previous post instead of making a new one each time you need to add/remove something from your list...
just sayin'

I would do that in most situations, but I'm not sure editing a post bumps the topic back up to the top. It seems that if nobody can tell something has changed, it's not a very effective way of informing people of exciting changes to my wants/haves.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Post every day is repost
WTF happened to all the new posts that were in this thread before?

Anyway, I've found a couple places in Tokyo that have a few of the cards I need to finish a deck or three (at reasonable prices), but I wanted to check one more time to make sure whether anyone in the group had some for trade before I dropped badly needed money onto little pieces of cardboard.

in order of utmost priority:
Necropotence *
Living Death **
Liliana Vess **
Dimir Machinations (seriously, why is this card so hard to find?)
Mutilate ***
Damnation ***
Corpse Dance*
Thawing Glaciers
Journeyer's Kite
Vedalken Orrery

*a black staple I've been without for far too long
**get these two and I can make a new EDH deck
***just about the only mass creature kill I've been lacking... apart from Overwhelming Forces (damn you, Don!)

As per usual, check the main listing for more.
http://jigg.forums-free.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60&p=1220#p1220

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 am

Quote:
Necropotence *
Living Death **
Liliana Vess **
Dimir Machinations (seriously, why is this card so hard to find?)
Mutilate ***
Damnation ***
Corpse Dance*
Thawing Glaciers
Journeyer's Kite
Vedalken Orrery

Necropotence can be cheaply got now thanks to the From the Vault set that they release. I think I saw them in the 400 yen range at Amenity Shinjuku. Mutilate, as it was included in the Garruk vs. Liliana deck, is also now cheaply avalible. Unfortunately, Thawing Glaciers will run you 700+ and Damnation isn't something you're going to find cheap. Kite and Orrery can be gotten for cheap--probably less than 100 yen a piece. Vess is about 300 as well.

I don't understand why you would want to run the Dimir Machinations though... I assume it's to tutor for necropotence but I don't think that it deserves a slot. The hard cast effect of it is rather annoying. If you need tutors, make sure you're running these first:

Vampiric Tutor
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Tutor
Demonic Collusion + Reito Lantern
Liliana Vess

and maybe even Indideous Dreams as once you have the Necro in play you can tutor for an absurd amount of stuff.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 am
Profile E-mail

Rishana wrote:
If you need tutors, make sure you're running these first:

Vampiric Tutor
Demonic Tutor
Diabolic Tutor
Demonic Collusion + Reito Lantern
Liliana Vess
Indideous Dreams
check, check, check, check (although, still no lantern), and check as soon as I can get a hold of her. Also stacked with Diabolic Intent, Beseech the Queen, and a **** ton of transmute stuff (yes, Dimir Machinations is in there for the tutor effect, but it's not for NecroPee. Oh no, I have much MUCH bigger plans, as far as 3-cost tutoring goes. *rubs hands together in sinister fashion*).

Yeah, I've been able to find a bunch of them at not-so-bad prices, but the problem is my lack of funds at the moment (won't be able to spend money on things until I've finished paying off the school, so not until some time in Feb, most likely). Hence the reason I'm trying to see if someone's got one for TRADE, that way I won't have to spend money I don't have.

Still, most important thing right now is getting a hold of a Living Death *extra emphasis*. Once I have one of those and Liliana, EDH deck 2 will be read to roll.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Sorry for the delay in cleaning up the junk...I don't think I deleted anyone else's posts, but I've deleted a couple of spam from here and elsewhere.

I have a Vess for trade, and have had a shiny necro in my binder with your name on it for some time - also, I still owe you for the Nyxathid. I have a set of Living Death and Corpse Dance (Tempest-ish was kind of my heyday), but I think they are all firmly entrenched in decks. I''ll see if I have any to spare.

As for the tutors, I am VERY hard up - traded my Vampirics years ago, don't have enough Diabolics or Demonics, and like you have had a very hard time finding Dimir Machinations. I'm thinking Crucible, Death Cloud and Forced March as targets, although the whole ****-you-up-when-you-draw theme has 3CC; megrim, underworld dreams, warped devotions, etc.

A silly question, but does anyone have any obstinate familiars?

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Oh, no, those tutors were all things Don suggested I put into my deck, but I already had them, so it's alright.

Living Death
Patriarch's Bidding
Liliana Vess
Mutilate
Damnation
Thawing Glaciers
Vedalken Orrery

The above are all still needed, though, so your help would be greatly appreciated.

I did a bit of a test run to see what the new deck idea would play like if I have those cards. It's working great so far, but it kinda seems a little... I dunno, broken? (step 1: mana-ramp, step 2: play general, step 3: draw any one of 10 cards or 12 tutors to find said cards for the win).
It's just... not the way I like to play.
I think I'll still go ahead with finishing it, but I might have just came up with an interesting idea for my Kagemaro deck that I'll have to tinker with in the mean time.

Last edited by skfs on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm

I got obstinate familiar!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Quote:
Also, things I need for people are going to be at Shakey's today.

Summoners Pact 3
Elves of Deep Shadow 2
Essence Warden 2
Glimpse of Nature 4
Cloudstone Curio 4
Viridian Shaman 1
Fracturing Gust 1

I only need the cloudstone curio and fracturing gust now.

Last edited by melink14 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 am
Profile E-mail

---------
I have the Curios and perhaps a Pact, and I could lend you all of them until the end of the extended season (I saw the deck and it looks like a blast!), but I won't be there tonight. If you need them before NEXT wednesday, when I will be at Shakey's, let me know and we can meet in Shinjuku some time.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next