It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread 

Post Re: The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread
Okay... Ron, if you read this, please buy cake for the Zendikar team guys. This set looks in. cred. ible. It's been a long, long time since I felt this excited about Magic. Constructed, Limited, Casual - Highlights for EVERYONE! Now all we need is a Hot Leprechaun Babe and we got ourselves a world formula...

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:25 pm
Profile E-mail

WOW
Quote:
Vampire Hexmage - BB

Creature - Vampire Shaman
First strike
Sacrifice Vampire Hexmage: Remove all counters from target permanent
2/1
I can see the Johnnies liking this one (or instant death to a Planeswalker).

[edit]: JEBUS CRUST! I just asked the orb of insight how many vampires to expect... it said 20. Twenty vampires in the first set ALONE.
How many Demons? ... 2.
This makes me sad, Wizards.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:00 pm

skfs wrote:
WOW
Quote:
Vampire Hexmage - BB

Creature - Vampire Shaman
First strike
Sacrifice Vampire Hexmage: Remove all counters from target permanent
2/1
I can see the Johnnies liking this one (or instant death to a Planeswalker).

[edit]: JEBUS CRUST! I just asked the orb of insight how many vampires to expect... it said 20. Twenty vampires in the first set ALONE.
How many Demons? ... 2.
This makes me sad, Wizards.

Well, Vampire appears three times in this one, so I'd guess 8-9 vamps. Shame about the Demons, but then my Demon deck is in Grixis colors anyway, so monoblack demons aren't my favorite...and Ob Nixilis is better than 2-3 traditional demons (i.e., isn't incredibly overcosted with a painful drawback).
Two points about Vampire Hexmage. One: this must be the card MaRo hinted at that kills a PW, as you say, and two: this must be one of the answers to Luminescent Ascension, as well as the other quest cards included in the set. Notice that the quests have to be on the board with sufficient counters on them, rather than an Elspeth-style "for the rest of the game" ability. i guess they aren't completely insensitive to black's lack of enchantment removal. If I'm right, and counting isn't my specialty, this is only the third black 'remove all counters' card, but suggests a new mechanical angle for my favorite color :lol:

Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
It'll be interesting to see a neo-stiflenaught module crop up in EXT/Legacy: Hexhunter + dark depths. It hurts a bit more when you're answered, but hexhunter could be seen as having more utility than stifle, and a 20/20 flying indestructible token requires a more specific answer than a 12/12 trampling dude.

Plus the deckspace required is minimalist at best, for any deck running black: Urborg is an excellent mana fixing land anyway, hexhunters shine on their own and will definitely see sideboard use if not used with dark depths, and dark depths can still act as a land if you draw an urborg.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3