It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread 

Post Re: The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread
Tbh, I'm somewhat disappointed by Nissa. She had that certain flair around her hinting at something very powerful (not to mention she is HOT) but it turns out she's just a wimpy little happy tree friend :( Two loyalty to start with? And only +1 on either ability? Granted, you WILL win right there when you pop her ultimate but seriously, you'll never live to see the day with that kind of countdown.

That being said, the rest of the set is still incredible. With every new card, I regain a little part of my soul that was shattered with the advent of Lorwyn.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail

OH, so that's why Sanguine Bond tripled in price!
(I smell a deck idea coming on)
And, Jeff, if I'm not mistaken, that appears to be a "hot babe".
;)

And what's this? And it doesn't completely blow? Oh happy day!

Also, this fellow Daryl mentioned seems very interesting, not only in ability, but in back story ("Planeswalker that lost his Spark became a Demon? Do go on...")

I echo the sentiment already expressed: this set looks fun.
Is it my imagination, or does it seem like Wizards are trying to lure more D&D players over to MTG? (Traps and quests and adventure and all that rot)

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 pm

this card is insane in multiplayer!!!!!!

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:28 am
Profile E-mail

Kona, sorry i didn't see you there tonight - it's the holidays for you, but it's the semester for me :(
I'm liking the look for monoblack right now (with or without the Sanguine Bond/Vampire thing combo. Bloodghast is awesome and the Gatekeeper of Malakir - BB for 2/2, Kicker B = Diabolic Edict? Hopefully this will be easier to get my hands on than Shriekmaw - having been beaten down by Oversoul of Dusk and Chameleon Colossus at FNM, a maindeckable edict is just what the Mad Doctor ordered!

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Actually Daryl, I wasn't there either (holidays finished for us a couple weeks ago, but I had a conflicting club thing scheduled for 6pm that I couldn't get out of). Still have to find out how I did for the League, too (sent my results to Brian to tell Stephen, but I didn't hear back what the final scores were).

But yes, Black is looking pretty damn strong this time around, especially with all these not-so-crappy cheap vampires in abundance. That fellow you mentioned looks disgustingly handy (seriously, where's the downside with this guy?). In fact, the only not-quite-so-playable vampire so far has been Mr. Mythic (not to mention, I have a feeling Sorin Markov might be the only Planeswalker whose ultimate won't be a sure-fire win).
Meanwhile, the demons so far? Hmm. One is pretty damn cool, the other... meh ("Kill and Angel? Could be handy... unless is already in play, that is..."). Hope there's more of them coming... and that they don't suck.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 pm

""
damn merfolk.

From the looks of the new cards dropped today, Allies are definitely the new Mercenaries.

[edit]:
""
damn Green things.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Jebus, when did Green get so disgustingly good?
(8/8 Trample, Uncounterable... FOR ONLY SIX MANA?!!!)
*throws hands up into air in frustration*

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:09 am

Hello, I am Tarmogoyf <- Then.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Oh Kona, I've got a present for you!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Vaso wrote:
Hello, I am Tarmogoyf <- Then.
Ah, yes, perhaps I should have rephrased it to "when did Green get so good again"
At any rate, perhaps they're trying to show them a bit more lovin' after giving them the short end of the stick in M10?

also,
Quote:
Sadistic Sacrament BBB
Sorcery (R)
-
Kicker 7
Search target player's library for up to three cards, exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library.
Oh, okay, yeah, that ain't too bad...
Quote:
If Sadistic Sacrament was kicked, instead search that player's library for up to fifteen cards, exile them, then that player shuffles his of her library.
*sputters drink all over monitor*
WH-WHAAT?!!?!
Why would they do such a--
I can't even--
Good gravy, do we have any confirmation on this beyond ridiculous card's existence?

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next