It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread 

Post The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread
Thought maybe it might be a good idea to make a thread to keep all the Zendikar related stuffs in one handy location (just like was done M10), rather than a bunch of smaller threads.

ready... GO!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Post Re: The ZENDIKAR rant / rave / rumor thread
To start it off, here's some random pointless speculation on my part:

See that there?
The "girl" on the left?
Vampire.
*sigh*
well, if they're going to try to make them a bit more 'tribal', let's hope they at least give the lesser ones some decent minor conjunction abilities (like Soldiers, Elves, Goblins, Kithkin etc. get when working with each other), rather than the normal way Wizards deals with their kind (massive unwieldy casting cost, usually too much so to use in anything other than a fun deck)

The thing on the right, though?
Jebus, that's one scary looking Wurm-type thing!

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Can't be a traditional green wurm:
It's got eyes.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Craw Wurm and the would probably disagree with you there, Brian.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:53 am

Btw, enemy-color fetchlands. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Enemy colored fetch? bwah? count me intrigued.
Is this just an educated guess, or do you have some secret sauce on that?
[edit]:
Nevermind on the sauce-
Quote:
Arid Mesa
Land
T, Pay 1 Life, Sacrifice Arid Mesa: Search your library for a Mountain or Plains card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Also, regarding new Vampires, after checking the , I must say, I am sufficiently relieved (if not downright impressed) with some of the new stuff they're doing.

Although, that new Mythic angel...
Quote:
~choose a color.
Your opponents can't play spells of the chosen color.
*shudder*

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:49 pm

We barely know 1/7th of the set and it's already packed with casual and competitive highlights. I'm sold.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm kinda liking those new 1-drop 2/2 (or bigger) creatures that are turning up, too. Obviously, they all come with down sides as well, but even though they're no Isamaru, they're not half bad. Hopefully all the colors get one (or more).

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Enemy-colored fetches are AWESOME!!! This makes me very happy indeed! Let me see, for EDH, I will need 4 BG, 3 BW, 2 GU, 2 RU, 2 RW. That comes to...$400 at current Jese prices. Damn you Teneb!!!

Ummm, is anyone going to put in an order? If these start out at $10 (unlikely, but a boy can dream), I might just have to order 4 of each.

Altho I'm interested to see how many "Dammit, if only it was allied!!" moments we'll see with these things.

Hey, if there's an enemy colored theme here, then will we get enemy-colored M10 lands in Worldwake? =D

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Today's previews are great - Nissa Revane is spoiled. She's so elf-tastic I wonder why they didn't put her in Lorwyn. Also, MaRo mentioned the fetchlands and previewed my next monoblack EDH general - when you play a land, an opponent loses 3 life and he gets bigger. Nice!

I have to say that I'm terrified of the 6WWW angel - as currently spoiled, she basically says "Thou Shalt Not Play monocolor decks in casual." I sure hope this is mistaken (a lot of the good decks at FNM have all of their removal in 1 color, even if they have mana for 5 colors). However, as broken and unfun as I believe this card to be, I think it might be genuine, because a) "nobody plays 9-costed creatures in standard" (we'll have to see about that!) and b) this is the land block - who needs to play spells!

If B is the case, then the black Valakut had better be some variant of terror/doomblade/edict, or I will be pissed!

PS: Check out the free and exclusive preview card by Pat Chapin on starcitygames.com

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next