It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Testing the waters for a Game Day in Hadano in July 

Post Testing the waters for a Game Day in Hadano in July

Sponsored Links

Hello Everyone,
I live in an apartment building only a minute away from Hadano Station on the Odakyu line (A direct line from Shinjuku about 95mins west). It has a rather spacious conference room avail to rent for those inclined. The rental cost is about 4000yen from 9am-5pm. I would be more than happy to chip in at least half since it is in my home afterall.

Is anyone interested in doing this, or will be in the area? I can book it for anyone/everyone inclined. July would be great but if I can gain a steady amount of people we can make a monthly go at it.

I also have many boardgames (50+) of different styles and I am also open to people in my area that just want to chill and play games; rpg, boardgames or otherwise. My ID on Boardgamegeek is Gr1m Ace if you want to have a look.

Cheers!
Brett

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:13 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Testing the waters for a Game Day in Hadano in July
Just want to say Hi real quick... Josh here... I already know a few of you guys here... Howard, Sam, Makuhari, Giovanni and tsondaboy. I've also been at the Mejiro Tintagel gamesday, in the background anyway, not actually playing.

I was just thinking after reading nicklasd's post that if we could get a Thread going here listing what games day and the areas available we could perhaps entice a few more people out to play. But not just "I'd like to play" posts... but actual committed "it's available" dates and times, so people can just show up and pay a few yen. I know Giovanni has done that already and I think Sam and I will be doing that as well for our " Saitama gamers club".
If we can organise events as a group so we don't overlap events and try to help each other out I think we can get a regular thing going...
Anyhow, I guess it's a matter of who has access to decent gaming areas and can afford to shell out a few thousand yen regularly (of course recouping expenses after). There may be some lucky guys out there that have space available without needing to pay :mrgreen: .
So yeah. Who else out there is interested in being an organiser for their area?
I'll be trying to get something going for the end of this month, Sam and I will probably be doing that together regularly. Should know in a couple of days. I heard Makuhari was trying to orgainse some days this summer as well. I also know tsondaboy(serg) often is trying to organise events.
I'll kick it off soon by posting date and times in a new thread... it'll be open to any kinds of games people want to play. I will bring my own tabletop wargames; 40K, Fantasy, AT-43, Flames of War and DnD 4E (non-role playing straight up dungeon crawl style). With the exception of Fantasy there will be at least 2 forces available so if you just wanna show up and game feel free. And of course if you have a game you want to play please bring it out. Board game, RPG, wargame or card game... anything is cool.

Sponsored links

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am
Profile E-mail

Ok thanks for your reply then. Hopefully we can iron out something across the board.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail

We meet almost every Thursday at Sergios house in Nakano and when I have time over the weekend at my place in Ayase too.
So lately we meet more than once a week for games. :D
Not strict about times and stuff, who ever can make it just drops a mail and we get together.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:41 am
Profile E-mail

---------
HI The West tokyo wargamers will have their event in July teh 24th.

Check our blog for more information

Giovanni

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]