It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Taking down the JIGG FORUM 

Post Taking down the JIGG FORUM
Using my recently acquired divine powers, I will soon shutdown the JIGG forum and remove this blight from the face of the WWW.

If you do not like this to happen, contact me.

If you want to salvage (part of) the forum, contact me.

Otherwise, I will expurge this abomination on July 1, 2011.

For all JIGG related matters, use either this email list or

Nick S.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Taking down the JIGG FORUM
You're taking down the free forum in favor of a pay service. If you don't like this service host elsewhere, but JIGG should definitely have a normal forum which facilitates discussions.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Erek,

I am reposting from what I replied on the JIGG email list.

Recently Dave Sheperd and I started a meetup page for JIGG:
This page has a lot of functionality and is bound to attract more people. 1) It's on meetup; 2) just google tokyo boardgames. You won't find the forum. 3) It has a very useful calendar 4) It also has a forum. 5) It is much more accessible than either the forum, or the JIGG email list (think of posting pictures).

At least the Tokyo part of the forum is dead. This is not only my idea, I have spoken with several gamers (weak argument) and both the admin and moderator (stronger argument) who appear to feel the same. A dead forum is simply bad advertisement (and JIGG can stand with some new blood). There is no useful information there that needs to be preserved.

Maybe the MTG or Kansai/Nagoya sections are not dead (enough)? I am certainly not going to remove anything if people object, but I would hope those objections are more than knee-jerk reactions. Let's hear it.

Nick S.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:12 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Meetup's discussion capability seems pretty limited, but that just might be configuration. It might be that this format is better and more conducive to the growth of JIGG which is fine as well.

But there are lots of interesting conversations in this section on decks etc that I would like preserved at least.

Also, a forward link to the new site would be good here for at least a year imo.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]