It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sunday magic! Again! 

Post Sunday magic! Again!
So who's down? I'm planning on showing up at Akiba around 12:30-1:00. Also, bring casual non-edh if you can, I'm getting a little tired of five-hour long games (or one-sided five minute games for that matter)!

Amenity Akiba, yeah? It has the most space.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Sunday magic! Again!
one sided five minute edh game? which ******* did what to have that happen?

anyway, I might turn up.
as an alternative to Amenity, there's that other smaller shop down the other end of Akiba that Don found. it's not as big, but there's hardly ever anyone there (or at least has been that way every time i've been there). if Amenity is full, you might want to consider checking it out.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:27 am

6 player games are like that...(5hrs)

I prefer 4 player games above all since they dont last all day and it's not just a game of kingmaker for the guy whose deck takes a **** on him.

as for casual... I feel like there is WAY MORE strategy for me when I play EDH vice 4 of cards and half the life. In EDH you are assailed with a much greater variety of possible plays. In casual I feel like my hand almost plays itself by comparision. Oh yeah, do I have to say why more paths of play is so enticing to me? The more chances you have to screw up the more that you will! The more you screw up the more you have to learn from. Getting better at this game is possibly the biggest reason I play. If I ever reach a point where my play can't improve,the game would lose it's .\\agic for me. Seriously, .\\agic should market to old people as a tool to delay alsheimers as much as this game makes us think.

I'll be there Brian and I'll bring the gobwinz too!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:12 am
Profile E-mail

Change in plans! It seems that Shinjuku is easier for a lot of people, so lets meet at Amenity Shinjuku. I'll be there around 12:30-1:00.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Won't be able to make it...once again my addiction to the EDH message boards means that i won't have time to play actual magic.

A word to the wise: foil boosters are not impressive. Y1200 is a lot of money, and while you can get a foil mythic or something sexy, you are mainly paying for the 10 foil commons, most of which will be drek (foil Branching Bolt was my highlight). Worst of all, while they do give you a foil land, the token is non-foil.

(DSICLAIMER: n=1)

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]