It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shadowrun in Saitama 

Post Shadowrun in Saitama
Since there has been a recent upsurge in interest in the yahoo group, I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread over here.

Tom (Thomas Wong on the yahoo group) and I have been talking about getting a Shadowrun game going in Saitama for several weeks. We'd be running fourth edition.

I've volunteered to run the game, and have started putting the players info together on a blog which you can find . I have the bare bones of the information players should need for the setting up over there. I'd prefer to let the rest get revealed/developed as people play. Otherwise I'd spend the next year developing a lot of useless detail that would never get used in actual play.

I haven't played or refereed much in ages, but I'm eager to get back into it. This is my first time to run a shadowrun game, so I'm probably not as steeped in all the details of the background as everyone else is, but I'm catching up.

Cheers,
John

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Shadowrun in Saitama
Shadowrunners in Saitama... damn straight! :D

You mentioned monthly sessions, that sounds great to me! I'd have a hard time making it for weakly sessions but monthly should fit me just fine.

Trolls sounds like fun... :mrgreen:

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey Guys,

Next Sunday (February 1st), I recommend we have a Character Creation day to get to know each other, learn the basic rules, and build the Shadowrun team.

I offer my place in Koga (about 10 minutes walk from JR Koga station on the Utsunomiya Tohoku line).

What do you think?

-Tom

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Koga in Ibaraki? That's quite far and would probably take me two hours or so.
John mentioned playing in Saitama, so is there any chance to meet there?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail

My grasp of geography leaves much to be desired. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm happy to play wherever is convenient for everybody.
Cheers
John

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 am
Profile E-mail WWW

The character creation session is primarily a meet and greet to set up the game.

We can figure out where we will be playing the sessions on the day.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this Sunday as I'd forgotten all about my mother-in-law's birthday party. :oops:

Usually Sundays are fine with me though.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:59 am
Profile E-mail

Are there any plans for this happening in February?

Ian

Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:42 am
Profile E-mail

I'm probably free anyone weekend in February. I think I'm going bowling at some point, but I'm not sure when.

What days/times are best for everyone?
I work Monday through Friday, and get all the national holidays. I'd prefer Saturday, but not enough to really care.

I'd like to get a run in soon after the character gen / rules session, if only to help cement interest.

Cheers
John

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:48 am
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
This Saturday isn't good for me. It's moving season again. When my wife got sent here by her Corp we landed in Tokyo like naive suckers and so are paying far too much for accommodation. Hopefully we'll be changing that this coming Saturday.

Would it be possible to do a fair amount of the intro stuff online so that we can put more time aside for the actual gaming. I'm more than happy to travel a fair bit, but would be happier still if I was confident it would get past handshakes and shooting the breeze.

Anyway, that's my 10c.

Ian

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:46 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next