It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Saitama Game Day May 31st 

Post Saitama Game Day May 31st
Back once again by popular demand, I have booked the room for us in May as well. I'm looking forward to seeing a good turnout again this time - while we're thinking about these things, is anyone interested in seeing a semi-regular rpg-type "campaign" at game days? What I'm thinking of is something John and I talked about a while back - a sort of "sandbox" shared setting, with sessions planned so they can be completed in a few hours at a games day. This kind of format would make it easy if you just want to drop in for a single game, or if you can't commit to coming out every month, and would also make it easy for anyone interested to run a session set in the world. Anyway, just food for thought.

Date: May 31st (Sunday)
Time: 10am to 6pm
Cost: whatever you feel like donating (the room cost is only 2400 yen but a couple of hundred yen donation will be appreciated)

map:

From Shinjuku: Shonan-Shinjuku to Kuki (49min), then Tobu line to
Tobudobutsukoen (7min)

From Kitasenju: Tobu Isesaki or Tobu Nikko line, take any express (急行)and get off at Tobudobutsukoen (33min)

From Asakusa: You can either take the Tobu line section express(区間急行)allthe way to Tobudobutsukoen (55min) or you can change to the 急行) at Hikifune (45min)

If you are in easy reach of the Hanzomon line, you can take any of the express trains headed for kuki or minami-kurihashi all the way to Tobudobutsukoen - you don't need to change at Oshiage, even though the train rout advisors sometimes say you do - the Hanzomon line feeds directly into the Tobu line.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Reminder: Saitama Game Day May 31st
The next Saitama games day is coming up next weekend, so dust off your dice!

Last time, we had a little trouble balancing the RPGs and board games, but this time it looks like we're going to have a good mix.

Planned at present:

Scott will be running a game of Monsters and Other Childish Things (max 4 players) starting around 3:30. quick play guide here:

I will be running a one off session of Swords and Wizardry (max 5 players) - this is a VERY simple RPG based on the original white box D&D probably starting around 11:30 to give people time to arrive and whip up a character (character gen takes about 10 minutes if you're not familiar with the rules, about 5 if you have an idea of what you're doing). Rules free here:

From 10-11:30, there will hopefully be some card or board games available, and while the rpgs are running those who aren't involved/interested have lots of space to spread out for wargames or board games as well. This is a largish space with room for at least 3 sizable games to be going on simultaneously, at plenty of room for quite a few games of 2 or 3 players.

Bring something you want to play, and odds are good you'll find someone willing to play it with you!

Date: Sunday May 31, 2009
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Exit Tobudobutsukoen station (Tobu Isesaki line/Asakusa line) following the signs to Tobu Zoo and Amusement Park (Tobudobutsukoen), past Lotteria.

Go down the stairs to the taxi loop.

Follow the main road (convenience store on your right, bento shop on your left) to the traffic lights.

Ahead on your left you will see the Pearl discount grocery store - good for snacks and lunch.

Ahead on your right, you will see a large red brick and glass building with fantasy-esque architecture - this is the correct building. Enter and look for a room full of foreigners having fun playing games.

Map:

Train info:
From Shinjuku: Shonan-Shinjuku to Kuki (49min), then Tobu line to
Tobudobutsukoen (7min)

From Kitasenju: Tobu Isesaki or Tobu Nikko line, take any express (急行)and get off at Tobudobutsukoen (33min)

From Asakusa: You can either take the Tobu line section express(区間急行)allthe way to Tobudobutsukoen (55min) or you can change to the 急行) at Hikifune (45min)

If you are in easy reach of the Hanzomon line, you can take any of the express trains headed for kuki or minami-kurihashi all the way to Tobudobutsukoen - you don't need to change at Oshiage, even though the train route advisors sometimes say you do - the Hanzomon line feeds directly into the Tobu line.

Sun May 24, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Saitama Game Day May 31st
Very unfortunately, I can't make it. :( I hope you people have a good time...

Sun May 24, 2009 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Update: looks like Scott won't be making it either, so Monsters and Other Childish Things is also cancelled.

Tue May 26, 2009 8:19 am
Profile E-mail

Are you still planning on running a S&W game?
John

Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 am
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Definitely. It's all done and ready to go. I'm thinking about seeing about picking up some play-do so that we can have a clay-o-rama tournament too.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:16 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]