It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:44 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Reminder: Saitama Game Day, Sat Apr.25th 

Post Reminder: Saitama Game Day, Sat Apr.25th
The Saitama game day is coming up!

Date: April 25th (saturday)
Time: 10am to 5pm
Cost: whatever you feel like donating (the room cost is only 2400 yen but a couple of hundred yen donation will be appreciated)

map:

From Shinjuku: Shonan-Shinjuku to Kuki (49min), then Tobu line to
Tobudobutsukoen (7min)

From Kitasenju: Tobu Isesaki or Tobu Nikko line, take any express (急行)and get off at Tobudobutsukoen (33min)

From Asakusa: You can either take the Tobu line section express(区間急行)allthe way to Tobudobutsukoen (55min) or you can change to the 急行) at Hikifune (45min)

If you are in easy reach of the Hanzomon line, you can take any of the express trains headed for kuki or minami-kurihashi all the way to Tobudobutsukoen - you don't need to change at Oshiage, even though the train rout advisors sometimes say you do - the Hanzomon line feeds directly into the Tobu line.

Scott will be running a demo of D&D 4th Ed. Player spots are currently full, but it's possible someone won't be able to make it on the day - if you're interested maybe Scott is keeping a waiting list.

I'm still thinking about offering a d20 modern horror/thriller type game, but I haven't had much time to work on the adventure yet so I may not be ready for Saturday. I will have a sheaf of pre-made characters for those who are interested, probably room for about 5 players.

There are a number of board games being offered by various people.
Anything you want to play, bring it - you're sure to find someone interested in playing it with you.

Just so we don't end up with too much duplication (and to make it easier on people when we're riding the train!) please note here if you're planning on coming and what you intend to bring with you.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Reminder: Saitama Game Day, Sat Apr.25th
I'm interested in the supernatural horror game, which is probably no surprise.

Cheers,
John

Off topic Post Script: Kevyn, any interest in call of cthulhu play by post? It's in the rpg thread.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

John,

I'll count you in then. Similar setting on the other side of the water </shudders> to what I've done before, but more action oriented, and playing with a pacing mechanism that I last saw used in an *ancient* TSR tournament module.

As for the pbem CoC - yes! Actually, I've been running storytelling-type email games with friends back home for years. We started with Amber and have had a couple of SF type games as well. The problem though is time - one tends to run out of time for such things, esp if the plot bogs down.

K

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Bad news - due to a last minute hectic schedule at work this week, I haven't made any progress at all on the horror game I had in mind. Sounds like scott and John pretty much have the games day buttoned up anyway! I'll try to get it together for the next day for anyone who's still interested then.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail

I do? Oh my. I never got around to punching all the counters for ABD, so I'll leave that one in the pile of papers on the table.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was a great time (for me anyway) and we had excellent numbers considering the weather. I'm looking forward to seeing how successful we can make it next month! We've already booked the room for May 31st, so hopefully we can get a good turnout again.

Special thanks to Scott for coming prepared for RPGing, had a blast trying out 4th Ed (sorry to say I'm not crazy about some of the mechanics changes, but I'm a bit of a dinosaur and anyway we didn't really have time to give it a fair whirl) And of course thanks to Goran and John for coming out with armfuls of board and card games for us to play!

I think we could probably have had at least another 5 people in that room comfortably, so with any luck we'll get a few more out next month and the event will just keep on growing - you can help me by doing *your* part to break the stranglehold the cosplay clubs have on my town hall!

Kevyn

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]