It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 on line games 

Post on line games
Hi All,

can anyone suggest an online free game that me and some friends around the globe?

I do not know nothing about these games but the image I ahve in mind is something like Baldur's Gate kind of game.

Thank you

GIovanni

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: on line games
Giovanni,
The only free bit of software I'm aware of is . It's an open source virtual tabletop. I've never used it, and I don't know much about it.

There are two other options I'm aware of, but neither are free.

is a virtual tabletop program that is supposed to be fairly flexible. The software is not free, but I think it's a one time purchase. It is also available for a variety of operating systems.

Neverwinter Nights allows you to design and host a third edition DnD game. While you have to pay for the software, I don't think there is any additional cost. The DM hosts the game, and all the players connect over the internet. I have never used it, but I think I remember reading about people running games like that. It looks like a lot of work though. The DM has to create the maps, write scripts, and manage the whole thing.

I hope this helps.

John

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Hmm... do you mean you're looking for an like World of Warcraft but free of charge or some kind of application that lets you play regular pen and paper RPGs over the internet?

The only free MMORPG that I've tried is . It's a graphically rudimentary zombie game where you play as either survivors or zombies in a small american town. It's a lot of fun really! I know there are a lot of others but I've never bothered with them.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Of course, I could always be your average Troll and insist on the fact that RPGs on computer simply don't exist. :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]