It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:11 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Old power cards in zen! 

Post Old power cards in zen!
This is an interesting one:

Certain groups have started cracking packs early, and a number of them have pulled interesting cards in their packages. So far, reliable sources have confirmed a Taiga, Mox Diamond, and Candelabra of Tawnos. The probability of cracking one of these packs is not yet known.

According to them, the cards are not mint; they're near mint, or in other words what a mint card would look like after fifteen years sitting in a vault. Wizards hasn't said a peep so far, and it should go without saying that these cards are only tournament legal where their original printings are legal. They are not reprints, so cards on the reserve list are fair game. (edit: apparently, the qualifier for them IS whether or not they're on the reserve list!)

To add to that, a new minor rule was added to the tournament section. It basically says that, with the exception of basic lands, you may only play with cards that are legal in the limited environment.

So I guess this makes one more thing for Darryl to complain about not opening in packs, eh?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Old power cards in zen!
Confirmed as true. Rumor has it someone ripped an Ancestral Recall, too.

Gogo MADNESS!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail

WTF? seriously??

If true, this will make getting packs difficult...

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:47 am
Profile E-mail

did anyone witness this at the pre-release?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:45 pm
Profile E-mail

30 seconds into "Open Packs!", a scream and a collective sigh goes through the room. But it was "merely" an Underground Sea. From what I witnessed, that was the ONLY incident, making it exceptionally rare.

A shop in Germany that I have contact with did open a Mox Jet though, after going through 27 displays.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Holy ****. that's amazing.

This set is going to be SOOOO hard to get a hold of... the cards from the set are already awesome AND on top of that you can crack a mox??

ummm... INSANE?

I feel bad I got my playset with mythics already. It might be better/more fun to create sets by cracking packs!!

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:06 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Hidden treasures indeed!

Shindo said 1/700 packs, which sounds like about 20 displays. Shockingly, Amenity SHinjuku has run out of promotional Days of Judgment and isn't able to confirm availability.

I was as gobsmacked as anyone, but think about it: that's kind of like buying a box just on the off-chance of snagging a foil Lotus Cobra, only even moreso. hell, a revised dual is only 40 bucks or so...I expect the initial hysteria will die down soon enough.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]