It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NOTE: Saitama Game Day, SUNDAY June 28 

Post Re: NOTE: Saitama Game Day, SUNDAY June 28
That's ok. The *rules* are simple. It's the game that's complex.

Nutshell version of rules plus advice for play:

1. when it's your turn, place 1 stone on an empty intersection.
2. try to enclose empty space on the board with your stones. Every open intersection you have enclosed is 1 point at the end of the game.
3. try to prevent your opponent from enclosing empty space.
4. try to avoid letting your opponent enclose a group of your stones - if he succeeds he can take your stones off the board. The number of stones you lose is subtracted from your score.
5. remember that a group of stones with two eyes (i.e. empty spots) is invulnerable to enclosure.
6. if the only moves you can see decrease your space *and* don't block your opponent from gaining more space, pass.
7. when both players pass, the game is over and you count points.

Now you are a go master. Go forth and spread the gospel.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 am
Profile E-mail

You're most welcome - I don't get tired of that game. (Note to the interested, my Rebels vs. Imperium is already preordered...) Well, I do want to play other things as well, but... :)

Igo, I like it a lot, but I haven't had much opportunity to play it, so I basically suck (like, 15-16 kyu or so, I guess). If there's interest, I can also take my own little magnetic board.

I was thinking to bring my newly acquired Battlestations and try an intro mission. Anyone interested?

Also, probably Space Alert.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail

So, with these game days, is it okay to just rock up if you've never been to one before? I really only joined the forum recently and am not entirely sure what the general etiquette is for these scenarios.
Anyway, very interested in the swords and wizardry game. Never played it before, but I've always wanted to try out some truly old school gaming. Same with the board games, haven't played any of 'em before (not even Go!), but willing to try. I am still quite new to this manner of thing I suppose.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Electric wrote:
So, with these game days, is it okay to just rock up if you've never been to one before? I really only joined the forum recently and am not entirely sure what the general etiquette is for these scenarios.
Anyway, very interested in the swords and wizardry game. Never played it before, but I've always wanted to try out some truly old school gaming. Same with the board games, haven't played any of 'em before (not even Go!), but willing to try. I am still quite new to this manner of thing I suppose.

Well, I'm not the host, but I'm going to take the liberty to say: by all means, please do, and welcome!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail

There's a host?

Seriously though, anyone is welcome provided they bring a desire to game with them. If they bring a game too, that's just icing on the cake!

Basically, I book the room for purely selfish reasons - I want to game, and I hope that by providing a space people will come and game with me. Sometimes it even works!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Post IMPORTANT: Saitama Game Day, SUNDAY June 28
Due to a "last minute" change in schedule, it will be difficult for me to attend the Saitama games day this month. I'll be able to come for the first couple of hours, I think, but that's about it. So...

Is there anyone who is definitely coming who would be willing to close up for me? All you have to do is write in the book (# of attendees) and hand it over at the office. They'll then come and check the room & lock the doors etc.

I'll come and get the key, open up and such at 10am as planned, but if someone can lock for me I'll be much obliged!

Kevyn

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2