It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Moving back to Michigan 

Post Moving back to Michigan
Hi all,

Its true. I cant believe it. I dont want to go because of the past 7 years being in Japan has been awesome. I always look forward to the Shakey`s gang and slinging cards. The main reason is that I am not satisfied with my current job and they are forcing me to go part-time. A job offer came my way about 4 days ago and its for a school back in Michigan. I will be able to see family and friends there and it will be for a year minimum, maybe two.
I am planning on leaving on the 15 or 16th. I have to start the visa process for my wife and there are only certain days I can do it. If anyone has advice or experience with this process I would appreciate it. I will be posting pictures of things I want to sell (furniture, tv, kotatsu, portable stereo, dining table four chairs, bed, computer table with 3 shelves, refrigerator, washer, ceiling fan with lights, lots of movies, Magic cards, a few computer games, etc..) I was thinking of having a garage sale maybe next sat and sunday. Please come and help me get rid of this stuff. I have too much as it is and shipping will be a fortune. (if anyone has any advice on moving, a company or service that will take care of customs, pick up and deliver, I would again appreciate it).
If you dont have facebook, my number is 03-5241-0449 home. Let me know if you want to come another time to put your name on something. I will bring pictures this Wed. for everyone to see. My wife will be staying because of the visa process taking a few months, so I want to help her by selling some things before I go so she doesnt have to deal with it.
Again, I will miss everyone and hope to stay in touch.

Jeff

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Moving back to Michigan
Leaving so soon? Well barring any implosions from the internet, this forum will always be here for you!

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Yikes, sorry to see you go, Jeff, but if it's for the better, all the best to you, sir.

As for advice, go past the post office and ask about something called an "M Bag". They're big international shipping parcels for sending books and other printed material (which is handy, seeing as how they normally take up a lot of suitcase room and weigh a ton). Anything sent this method will be going slow-boat, so will take a month or two to get to it's destination, but will be significantly cheaper than sending it via any other means (ESPECIALLY if you try to take it on the plane and you end up going over your allotted weight limit... speaking from personal experience, do not do this. seriously. I'm certain you have something else you would rather spend $600 on).

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 am

I'm sorry to hear that Jeff, but as I said, it's the right decision.

You will be missed!!

LMK if there's any help you need over the next three weeks (or later, I suppose, if Kumi needs some lifting done).

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks for the advice Kona and the offer Darryl. I might take you up on that when Kumi needs to leave in Oct. I will be coming this Wed. and next Wed. The offer of a garage sale this sat. and sun. is still on. I will be taking photos and posting on facebook today and bringing them to Shakey's. Please come and buy something or take it off my hands. I forgot to mention I have movies (vhs, dvd, recorded shows) and tons of cds, albums and singles for a cheap price. I will bring magic cards that I dont use so often too.

See u then,
Jeff

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:54 pm
Profile E-mail

I posted some pictures on Facebook of big things I want to sell before I leave Japan on the 16 or 17th of Sept. Kumi will stay a few months waiting for her visa, so we can arrange to move the things whenever. Prices are negotiable and the list of things is on a previous post in this thread. Let me know if you are interested. This Sat and Sun. are garage sale days if you want to take a look at the stuff and decide. I was thinking of having people play some cards games too for a few hours. Let me know if you are coming.

Jeff

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 am
Profile E-mail

Hey Jeff, I'll be there at least one of those days.

Sorry I couldn't make it last night - I actually carried my cards all over Shinjuku, but Tess was going to the doc and that took longer than I thought. Sigh...

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:27 am
Profile E-mail

Jeff-san,

We all wish you the very best back home.
Shakeys will always ( well, for a long time anyway ) be here for one of its founding fathers.

S ;)

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi all,

Thanks for the sayonara wishes and the fun last night at Shakey`s. I think I created a monster in Sean with the Liar`s Dice game. Watch out everyone, he is a gambling fool and will take your money.

my email is jeffjg18@yahoo.com
I`m on Facebook also.

Stephen, thanks for the message about being a founding father. I officially pass on the duties to you to keep the Shakey`s Wed. night going.(even though you have been running it for awhile now, thanks).

I would like to be immortalized as a Planeswalker with the following abilities:
Loyalty start: 7
+1 Make usual play mistake
+3 Ask a rules question that I should know already
+10 Win a game with one of my crazy deck ideas
So, after I make the usual goofs, if I can get to 10, then I win a game with the Leprechaun or Hot Babe deck. (LOL!!)

See you guys and thanks for the memories.

Jeff

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi all,

Reading the posts it sounds like everyone is having fun with the new set. Since I still dont have a car, I am restricted in where I can go. My new job and school are very ideal: 4 classes with 5-10 students each. The school is very small and is 5 miles from the nearest concrete road. There are nature trails everywhere and deer that come up to the window at daytime. Hunting is not allowed because of the school. I posted some pictures on Facebook, so please take a look. Hope to get some Zendikar soon and play with some friends here. Of course, I miss the weekly games at Shakey's. If you want to come to Michigan, you are all welcome as long as you bring a box of cards for payment. Food is another box. Any takers??

Jeff

Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:50 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]