It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Monthly gameday at Castle Tintagel (Mejiro) 

Post Monthly gameday at Castle Tintagel (Mejiro)
Hi all,

Castle Tintagel is planning to organize a monthly game day, every last Sunday of the month. The first such gameday will be held this Sunday January 31.

Where: Castle Tintagel in Mejiro ( )
when: Sunday January 31, 11AM to 6PM
Entrance fee: 500 yen

Snacks and drinks can be bought at Castle Tintagel.

Although Castle Tintagel is hosting this event, I suggested to Jay that I act as JIGG liason. I will send out emails telling everybody about upcoming gamedays. Questions can also be directed at me. It is my hope that this will serve to replace the Yoyogi-Uehara gameday now that it is no longer organized.

Nick S

ps Maybe the moderator can put this post among the announcements?

Moderator edit: Done and done. :)

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Monthly gameday at Castle Tintagel (Mejiro)
Yesterday (Sunday Feb 28) there was a gameday in Mejiro. The next one will be Sunday March 28, last Sunday of the month.

Andrew, Goran, Paul, Nigel, Nick and a few Japanese gamers showed up. First we played Fury of Dracula with Andrew being the Bat master who easily gave the slip to the disorganized hunters. After maturing a vampire and killing Dr Seward, Dracula became the uncontested scourge of Europe. Next, Goran, Andrew and Nigel played Pillars of the Earth, where, I believe, Nigel showed himself to be the most productive builder of the cathedral. While this was going on Paul and Nick refought the battle of Dertosa using Command & Colors. Again, the Romans (Paul) beat the Carthaginians, just like some 2200 years ago. Three Japanese gamers meanwhile played a German version of Vikings.

Fury of Dracula
Pillars of the Earth
Command & Colors
Vikings

Nick S

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Today (March 28) there was a gameday in Mejiro. Next gameday will be on April 25, last Sunday of the month.

Today's gameday started with Goran, Nigel, Nick & Paul playing a game of Kingsburg which was easily won by Paul (who was the only one to doubt this outcome). Next, we started a game of Ideology, which was aborted when the Islamo-Fascist block (Goran & Nick) offered their protection to several countries threatened with exploitation by the Capitalist-Imperialist dogs (and yes, we have a very cool salute!). After this, we split into two groups: Goran, Nigel and Stella played a cardgame without a name (exciting!), while Paul and Nick refought the battle of Akragas (Command & Colors: Ancients). The battle was won when the Syracusan medium cavalry gallantly tore through the Carthaginian auxilliaries and routed their army. Lastly, Nigel, Richard and Stella played a game of Condotierre which was almost won by Stella when Richard appeared out of nowhere and snatched victory.

Kingsburg:
Ideology:
Command and Colors: Ancients:
Condottiere:

Nick S

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Jacynth:
using
Decktet:

and also, since I know that it's easy to slip from your mind, Nigel and I did a round of RtfG.

Race for the Galaxy:

Cheers everyone who came, fun game day today, even if the numbers are seriously dwindled. Next game day, I'll probably be bringing Battlestar Galactica; we'll see. See you next time!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 am
Profile E-mail

HI Good games day!! teh game of Ideology sounds great!

I have a request and I hope this is the right place, as the West Tokyo Wargamers me and some firends are running a monthly event dedicated to minaitures, would it be possible from now on to post the event message in the EVENT section as the castel tintagel events?

Thank you

Giovanni

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Sorry I menat in the ANNOUNCMENT section.

Thank you

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Last Sunday, April 25, Castle Tintagel hosted a gameday in Mejiro. Although the weather was beautiful, still seven people showed up: Andrew, Estelle, Goran, Nick, Nigel, Paul and Pierre. After a few false starts as people trickled in, we settled on Battle Star Galactica and launched into space.

First half of the game was rather uneventful. Andrew, as the Cylon leader, seemd to be helping the humans and there was not even a suggestion of hidden cylons. That changed drastically in the second half, when the human race went down in a blaze of Cylon fire (Scar, two basestars and all raiders were on board). Both Paul and Pierre revealed themselves as Cylons (one of them was suspected but not both) and it was curtains for Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Next gameday will be on Sunday May 30.

Nick S.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Yesterday (Sunday May 30) there was another gameday in Mejiro. Below is a short description.

Next gameday will be on Sunday June 27 (last Sunday of the month).

Participants were: Andrew, Brad (and two friends), Dave, Grant, Nick, Paul, Richard and Yoko. As I arrived, people were playing 'the Adventurers', a light boardgame about raiding tombs Indiana Jones style, including moving walls and rolling boulders. Somebody fell into a fiery pit and Andrew was squashed by the boulder. I believe Brad collected the most treasure in the end. After this, we split into two groups. Yoko, Grant, Dave and Richard played Condotiere, won by Dave. Paul, Andrew and Nick played Confucius, a game about politics and intrigue at the Chinese court. Nick won the game by controlling the Ministry of Army and Finance and buying the loyalty of the other families. Finally, Dave, Andrew, Nick, Richard and Yoko played a game of Settlers. Although it was a close match with Richard, and with Dave in close pursuit, this game was also won by Nick.

Games played:
The Adventurers:
Condottiere:
Confucius:
Settlers:

Nick

Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello all, new member here. I was just wondering if there was going to be another game day at the castle this weekend (being the last Sunday of the month and all). I'm not sure if I can attend yet but if my schedule frees up, I would love to introduce myself and possibly bring a game or two if you request. I'm from Yokohama so the commute is a little longer but I'll do what I can to be active within this community!

- Mike

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Indeed, the following Tintagel Game Day is July 25, from 11h till 18h.

Unfortunately, I'll have to leave a bit earlier (17:30 at the latest) and I won't be able to bring any games aside from my trusty Race for the Galaxy (2-6 players, just in case :) ), so I do look forward to seeing people bring stuff. :D

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next