It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Miniature wargamings in Tokyo 

---------
Post Miniature wargamings in Tokyo
Hi All,

I jsut felt the urge to write some thoughts about the miniature wargaming situation in Tokyo at the moment, so if someone finds this post can get some directions if they want to play with other people.

A part from the Games workshop stores the wargaming scene in Tokyo is extremely small and dominated by expats that live here. As far as I know there are 2 clubs that operate on a regular basis and have events everymonth. One is a Warhammer 40.000 club called the Greater Kanto Area Wargamers and the other that I belong to, is called the West Tokyo Wargamers.

The first club is a very friendly and relaxed club with nice people that enjoy their futuristic battles and rent a room once a month in the city centre. The mainly play Warhammer,Warhammer 40.000 and recently have started to play Flames of War.

The second club The West Tokyo Wargamers as the name suggests is a group of historical miniatures enthusiasts that meet in the Tama City area west of Tokyo city centre. We play a lot of different games since all of the members have a favourite period of history. Although the main 3 games we play are Blitzkrieg Commander a fast rule WW2 game, DBA a small scale Ancient medieal ruleset and DBR bigger armies of warfare in teh renaissance.

We also have a blog:

I would like to invite the people that are interested in these kind of games to contact us on this forum or on our blog.

Looking forward to grow the gaming community

Giovanni

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]