It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mini Gaming in Tokyo - - 2008 

Post Mini Gaming in Tokyo - - 2008
In Tokyo we have a small group of miniature gamers. We've been hit hard recently on the numbers as a good portion of the mini gamers have left Japan, and one of the main contributers has recently become a father. Those that are left in Tokyo have a wide variety of interests in miniatures, scales, and rulesets.

DBA and DBR were by far the most popular of the miniature games in 2008. These were played monthly at a gaming meeting. There are a couple of people in Tokyo that would be happy to show you how to play and build and paint an army if you are intrested.

Warhammer 40k was the next favorite. A few epic battles were seen at a monthly gaming meeting, and I beleive games had been played elsewhere outside the monthly meeting. I think if you are into 40 and actively seek an opponent, you can probably find a game.

Battletech saw the table a few times last year too. Some great terrain that included a large modern city, and some very detailed figuresres were used. A classic game that I had a blast playing each time

The above were the most popular in Tokyo in 2008. There were also a few shoot em up skirmish games, plastic 1/76 figures were popular for that.

Wings of War was played quite a bit. A miniature version of Car Wars was also being marketed.

One LARGE monster mash game was played with huge Godzilla type plastic figures wrecking everything in site.

And Warhammer Fantasy made a showing once or twice.

Like I mentioned, Tokyo's miniature gaming group is small but welcomes new people. If you ever wanted to get into miniature gaming, we can probably help you out.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:00 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Mini Gaming in Tokyo - - 2008
I'm one of the guys around who plays with miniatures. I've been recruited by Giovanni for DBA and recently DBR. I also collect AT-43, Confrontation, the usual GW stuff plus BloodBowl. In recent years, I was overwhelmed by work and my painting showed. Over the past 6 months, life has returned to a more normal pace though I have a 5 and a 2.5 year-old so life is hectic. Good news is the 5 year old is looking at painting with curiosity so I'm sure he'll be introduced to the way of life soon.

I'm open to some gaming...

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Ello! everyone my name is Giovanni and I am one of the miniature guys.

As Darren said I am interested mainly in historical wargaming with an obsession for a game called DBR (De Bellis Renationis) where you play using toy soldiers mounted on bases in teh age of renaissance.

I also play DBA ancient wargaming (de bellis antiquitatis) which is a small scale game and you do not use more than 40-50 figures mounted on basis and is a similar system to DBR.

I also like and playied a little bit of Warhammer Ancient Battles which is the historical version of the more famous warhammer fantasy battle.

I also enjoyd with Matt, some skirmish gaming of WorlWarII and modenr warfare in Africa.

I just love toy soldiers and eventhough I might not be able to play for a while, I keep painting and dreaming of new armies.

There are some other wargamers around all with interests in different periods, although I hope to be able to gather people and make our group big, ealthy and long living.

GIovanni

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Well I suppose it is my turn to introduce my self...

ahem....

Hello people my name is Achilles and I am a great Warhammer fantasy fan. Unfortunately moving to Japan placed me away from my beloved armies but I am trying to recover. Currently I am building up a new army (Vampire Counts).

I also have a great interest in Historical wargamming so I would be interested in playing DBA or DBM/DBR.

oh! Did I mention that I was also recruited by Giovanni? ;) Ciao Giovanni!
I hope we can soon get together and play some games :D

Achilles

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Ciao Achlles! I am looking forward to play some more games!

Take care

Giovanni

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Giovanni is undoubtedly a minis game pimp.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]