It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Looking to form D&D 4.0 game group in Tokyo 

Post Looking to form D&D 4.0 game group in Tokyo
Looking for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition players for Sat or Sun noon to 6-7pm in Omotesando. Probably play 2-3 weekends a month with possibly an occasional non-D&D game session mixed in.

So far we are two old time gamers (middle aged) looking to form a laid back gaming group focused on fun. If you are interested in fantasy roleplaying, are a veteran or newbie rpger please drop us a message so we can meet up. We've only recently decided to jump back into the hobby but have manged to collected a good amount of rule books, adventures, miniatures, and a game table so far.

If you would like to DM or are a veteran player all the better since we plan on enjoying learning the D&D 4th Edition rules together. Alternately we could easily be convinced to play D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder if there is a DM out there willing to adopt us.

Ultimately we are looking for a group of five gamers total (need three more) including the DM.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Looking to form D&D 4.0 game group in Tokyo
23 yr old female gamer. Roughly 2 years of experience mostly with 3.5. A bit rusty and will need to go raid some stores for dice, but very much missing the game.

I can do most evenings although I write live reports for gigs around Tokyo (or actually attend them) on random nights every so often, but I'm usually free from 6pm on.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Krystal_Epyon wrote:
23 yr old female gamer. Roughly 2 years of experience mostly with 3.5. A bit rusty and will need to go raid some stores for dice, but very much missing the game.

I can do most evenings although I write live reports for gigs around Tokyo (or actually attend them) on random nights every so often, but I'm usually free from 6pm on.

Great! Thank you for responding I will send you a PM or email with more details. Later this weekend I will also add some photos and an update on our recruiting effort.

Cheers :)

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:02 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Although this might be a bit out of place, at the West Tokyo Wargamers club on the keio line, we plan to start running some one session games of basic D&D (RED BOX) using miniatures and 3 d Dungeons. We will probably start in January-Fbruary but it will only be once a month.

If you might be interested in joining we will be more than happy.

Please drop us a line and check our blog for more information.

Cheers

Giovanni

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am
Profile E-mail WWW

giovanni wrote:
Hi Although this might be a bit out of place, at the West Tokyo Wargamers club on the keio line, we plan to start running some one session games of basic D&D (RED BOX) using miniatures and 3 d Dungeons. We will probably start in January-Fbruary but it will only be once a month.

Thank you for the invitation Giovanni. Yes, I would be very interested in learning more and attending your game session. D&D (Red Box) means the D&D 4.0 red box that generally fits with the Essentials line of products? Where exactly do the West Tokyo Wargamers club play TRPG and table top games?

Cheers, :)

Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Good news!

So far three players have expressed interest so we are searching for a fourth player / DM. Within the next few weeks we are planning to meet up to make self-introductions, talk gaming styles and decide which version of the D&D rules to use. We'll also probably grab a bite to eat in Omotesando somewhere afterward. Anyone interested in joining the group is welcome while we still have openings available. Most likely scenario is that we will do some one-off adventuring during Dec 2010 and start the real campaign in mid to late Jan 2011. :D

Looking forwarding to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Ed

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Very well!! I am pleased that you are interested.

we are a small group of wargamers with miniatures, but a small part of us comes from the fantasy world, I started with the D&D red box in 1989 and that is what we plan to play with, for us is the simplest and that is why we would like to play it.

We won't be running a long campaign, because we also like to play other miniature games, we are into historcal games a lot, and a little bit into boardwargames.

We meet around the Tama area in the Keio line where I rent monthly a public room. We are mainly into 3d gaming sith figurines and small trees etc.

I hope that gives a better idea of what we do!

Cheers

Giovanni

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Male Canadian 34. I am an old school 2nd edition DM (sometimes player too). I sent you an email Edmud, look it over and let me know what you think.

EDIT: available Sat and Sun only. any time is ok. I live on the Toyoko line, easy access to Hibiya, Mita and Yamanote lines, so I can be anywhere fairly easily.

Cheers

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail

I have the following (PDF format, indexed, searchable) books, all of which are 4E or expanded rules for 4E.

Character sheets/ 1 - Character Sheet Automatic version 21 Ron R.’s.xls
Character sheets/ 2 - Character Sheet Classic
Character sheets/ 3 - Character Record Sheets
Character sheets/ 4 - DM Reference

Player Hand Books/ Player's Handbook Deluxe Edition
Player Hand Books/ Player's Handbook 2

DM Hand Books/ Adventurer's Vault
DM Hand Books/ Adventurer's Vault 2
DM Hand Books/ Draconomicon I - Chromatic Dragons
DM Hand Books/ Dungeon Master's Screen
DM Hand Books/ Dungeon Master's Guide Deluxe Edition
DM Hand Books/ Dungeon Master's Guide 2
DM Hand Books/ Manual Of The Planes
DM Hand Books/ Monster Manual Deluxe Edition
DM Hand Books/ Monster Manual 2
DM Hand Books/ Open Grave - Secrets Of The Undead

Extra Player Creation Resources/ 1 - Arcane Power
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 1 - Divine Power
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 1 - Martial Power
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 2 - Family Creation - Dragon Magazine #291
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 2 - Flaws for non-humans - Dragon Magazine #328
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 2 - Unique Low LvL Paladin spells - Dragon ...
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 2 - Wizard unique LvL 0 Spells - Dragon ...
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 3 - Summoning Fey and Demonic Creatures From ...
Extra Player Creation Resources/ 3- Feats you choose define your Personality ...

Last edited by Eddis on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
whoops, doublepost.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next