It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking for games in 2010 

Post Looking for games in 2010
Most New Year's resolutions are about working harder, or kicking bad habits. However, this year I made a resolution to make more time for my old hobbies. So, I'm looking for some fellow gamers in Tokyo.

I like board games, and the _idea_ of card games, although I hate the idea of buying cards. I have played various versions of D&D and WEG's Star Wars RPG since high school. I like to GM when I have the time to do it right. I have some serious Battletech chops, whether it's P&P, online, or arcade style.

Oh... and I have no rule books. Or board games or cards for that matter. I gave everything away about 3 years ago when I moved back to Japan for keeps. I'll have to decide how much money I am going to allocate getting back into my old hobbies.

Anyhow, I'd appreciate being kept up to date on any upcoming game nights. If there's a spot in someone's regular D&D campaign, let me know. If there's interest in a new campaign, I'm up for that as well.

Finally, I prefer weeknights as opposed to the weekend, since I usually have too many family obligations to enjoy free time on Saturday and Sunday. Also, I live in the Northernmost point of Saitama prefecture, although I commute into Tokyo for work on the weekdays.

Nice to meet everyone, and I hope that we get a chance to play. Happy New Year!

- Ken

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Looking for games in 2010
Happy New Year, and welcome!

We got some games here, and even rulebooks! :) The thing we're usually short on is space. :( Right now, only Jay of Castle Tintagel organises encounters with any regularity - and that's Sunday.

Another possibility, if you speak Japanese - there's some Japanese gatherings, most notably Wednesdays afternoon (until 20:45) in (7F).

Anyway, welcome, and I hope to see you around some time.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail

HI Nice to meet you.

I am one of the miniature guys on the forum, but I also like boardgames and RPG games. I noticed that you mentioned the Star Wars RPG and D&D, I like them both, and I tend to play the old basic red box D&D when I have time. I am lso intereted in Star Wrs, I bought the new version of the rulebook but I have not managed to play yet.

I run a small gaming club if you want to call it that way once a month on weekends, during the week for me is hard since I have a baby.

here is the link to our blog, if you can make it sometimes, please let me know we can arrange something nice.

Cheers

Giovanni

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey Ken - I'm a new forum member out of Yokohama, (but happy to travel to Tokyo), and I'm serious about trying to find some regular tabletop games. I'm living in Japan for the next 5 years for work, so I've got plenty of time, resources and motivation to help make a regular game happen.

I've played card games, board games and tabletop since I was a teen, especially know Whitewolf systems and D&D, but am down for trying anything new.

If you enjoy GMing, maybe we could do some legwork, find a few more people, and get a new game rolling? As long as it's less than an hour from Yokohama, I'd be down for a weeknight game as well.

If anyone else reading this has Kanagawa or Tokyo area RPG game spots open - any day, any game, drop me a line also! (and I'm gonna try to make the next board games meet up so hopefully I'll meet some of y'all then!)

Happy New Year!
-Kal

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Hello Ken and Kal,

I just made a post about a regular meeting in Nakano on Thursdays from 16:30; let me know if you are interested :)

Cheers!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi ken

I am also in central Tokyo (yoyogi-Uehera at the moment but soon Kita senju) and always looking to play some games.
I dont mind hosting game evenings for people that dont have space and would be interested to try any game you would like to bring over and introduce. For the time being I have a limited selection, mostly stuff I bought after arriving here. I am trying to figure how to bring some more boards that I have back home.

Cheers
Yannis

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]