It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Introduce yourself . . . 

Post Re: Introduce yourself . . .
Hi I'm David, I'm a Student at Kansai Gaidai in Hirakata, I've been here for a little over 5 months now. I started playing AD&D about 8 years ago then slow, with the switching from play group to play group switched to 3/3.5. Still havent picked up 4th yet but im always up for new adventures. Im also addicted in well... i say in a good way to Magic the gathering, and if within reasonable distance am always at ANYTIME down for slinging some cardboard around.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:04 am
Profile E-mail

Hi All,

I am Giovanni, originally from North Italy froma city called Turin. I have been in Japan since 2003 althou I came originally in 1997 and brought back my wife and then we came back to Tokyo. I live in Sisekisakuragaoka on the keio line not far from kunitachi,hachiyouji-Fuchu.
I do not play much recentely, since I had a baby, my wife is ok about my hobby, I think secretely she likes boardgames but she does not want to admit it.
I love miniatures they are my second love, since the first is D&D red box. I love the call of Chtuhulu (or whatever teh hell you spell that name) and I have been reading a good bunch of modules for that game but never playied it!! My main interest is wargaming and history and I have a bunch of favourite periods (I do not like Napoleonic!). I am happy to introduce anyone to the hobby and my aim for the future is to help JIGG to get a big miniature community too!

Ciao

Giovanni

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey everyone. I just found out about JIGG through Boardgamegeek, and decided to check it out.

Anyway, I'm Seiya, originally from New York City, and have been in Japan for about 2.5 years or so. I mostly game with friends from school, but am thinking of attending one of JIGG's game sessions.

As far as board games go, I would say I'm a typical Ameritrash gamer, but am open to other types of games as well. Favorite games include: Last Night on Earth, Arkham Horror, Pandemic, Battlestar Galactica, and Dominion.

I'm also really interested in meeting anyone in Tokyo who plays/is interested in playing A Game of Thrones LCG. I got into the game several months ago, and am looking for some people to play with me.

Hope to see you guys at a game day soon!

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey everyone,
I've been living in Aichi-ken for 10 years now. I don't get the chance to game too often (once or maybe twice a month) but I do get quite a bit of modelling done. The gaming scene here in Tokai is actually pretty good with quite a few Gaijin players and lotsa locals too. If you are willing to travel a wee bit there are usually events on every other weekend. Unfortunately, I have two kids under 5, so as I said, that limits my gaming time a wee bit.

When I do, I mostly play GW games especially Fantasy (my fave) and 40K. I have pretty big Dark Elf, Daemon and Beasts armies for the former and a huge Chaos Marine army for the latter. I have also been known to play Blood bowl from time to time too. Of course as a GW junkie I have several other armies and projects on the go at any one time too.

I'd also like to get into Flames of War, and not just because I'm a Kiwi :) So on a whim I bought a bunch of late war stuff to paint up (yeah right). Does anyone else on this board play or has played? I also used to play Napoleonics quite a bit too, back in the good old days, but sold my army to pay for my plane ticket here.

I used to play RPGs but haven't since I came to Japan. I used to play D&D and White Wolf games quite a bit but our group really suffered from a condition called "Crapstorytelleritis" which wasn't much fun.

Anyways, that's about all there is to tell.
Cheers
Mike

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi everyone I live in Gifu and I play Games Workshop games mostly 40k and Bloodbowl... I have an FB army but I ouly play them when I feel like geting my **** kicked.. If you are looking for a game group in the Nagoya Mie or Gifu area I know where most of them are. If you want to get in to the hobby but are not sure how, I can teach you all you need to know about 40k and Bloodbowl. I really do not have time for any of the other games like D&D... they are fun but I am a War game freek... I love every aspect of the hobby... :mrgreen:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey, Aussie gamer here. Mainly a fan of tabletop rpg's, such as Rolemaster, Spacemaster, WHFRP, Dark Heresy, Anima, Dragon Warriors.... there is another one, quite popular but I forget what it's called... ah yes, Dungeons and Dragons...
Here with a mate on a working holiday visa, figured I could do without gaming for a year or so, but then I found this group, so that may not even be necessary. As it stands I'm working on an organic farm at the moment, although we're looking for proper jobs too.
What's the best way to find a group here?

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail

I shall be departing for Japan tomorrow! Hoping to stay for a year, but we'll see how it goes. :D

I'm a British guy mostly into that indie RPG crap, but not averse to other stuff and I'm a lapsed GW wargamer too.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:24 am
Profile E-mail

Hello everyone ! I'm from France and currently teaching English in Ikebukuro. I've been living in Japan for 8 months now and I really miss gaming and being around geeks so I'm hoping I could join a group here. I've mostly played Warhammer and Vampire : The Masquerade as well as a session or two of D&D, Conspiracy X, Amber... I'm open to pretty much any tabletop RPG at this point. Or Magic : The Gathering, the cards seem to be dirt-cheap here :)

I work every day until 7 except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but I'd be ready to play late in the evening/next morning if some crazy people are into that. As long as it's not every day...

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 am
Profile E-mail

---------
I'm an Aussie, transplanted from Kansai to move up to Ibaraki to see what's going on up here (sometimes not so much). I brought a stack of MtG cards with me, since in Wakayama we uncovered a surprising amount of people who thought they'd kicked the habit. I like Settlers and have D&Dd (but not for years...). I'm keen to meet people in the Mito Ibaraki area, or even as far south as Tsukuba, though I probably won't head down to Tokyo that frequently.

Nice to meet you all!

Mon May 31, 2010 9:57 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3