It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 How to cast lost pieces of miniatures 

Post How to cast lost pieces of miniatures
I recently won a miniature on eBay that is tough to find now (a Rackham Devourer Tyrant). Sadly, the seller forgot to mention that part of the model, the sword arm and sword, was missing. He'd said, in a very grey way, that the part was broken.

Further irking me is that fact that he took a picture but you can't tell it's missing since the rest of the body of the mini blocks the missing part.

I haven't paid for it but I've decided I will try to keep it if I can find the part or recast it. Any ideas?

Darren

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: How to cast lost pieces of miniatures
YOu could try to cast it in resin, I know the theory to make the mould but I do not know how to dose the resin to make the model.

I have always been interested in resin casting but never had the pleasure to try.

I know htat in Tokyu hands and the like they sell resin casting kits but I do not know how it would apply to miniatures.

good luck

G

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Post Re: How to cast lost pieces of miniatures
Thanks Giovanni...

I'm gonna go check out Tokyu Hands tomorrow. I have the same model so perhaps I can just do a copy of it. But it kinda irks me in that the fellow should have mentioned the part was lost. I can only give him the benefit of the doubt but umm... I will not leave positive comments about it when I give him my feedback.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]