It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hello from Brazil 

Post Hello from Brazil
Hello,

My name is Wagner Luiz Schmit, 27 years, Psychologist and master degree in education, i've been playing tabletop RPG since 1994 and larps since 1996. My dissertation for the master degree was about the use of RPG in education in Brazil.

I joined this forum for some reasons:

I just come back from a RPG (more larp than tabletop) conference in Norway () and there i met a lot of interesting people, learned news ways of playing and made contact of lots of RPG academic researchers. After that i came with the idea of searching for RPG communities in other countries and, hopefully, make friends and make contact with other researchers.

I love japanese culture, my city have a lot of japanese people and i plan to travel to japan someday (to study or just for fun, don't know yet what).

So i want to know if you have any kind of convetion there in english and how much it would cost for me to attend it.

I want to know if you know people that have done or are doing academic research about RPG.

What kinds of games do you play?

If you want to know about this Nordic conference i sugest those links:

Knutepunkt and Nordic Live Role-playing: a crash cource:

If you want to know more about what i'm doing here is a start:

Feel free to ask questions and i hope this is the start of interesting exchanges =)

All the best

Wagner

PS: I joined the yahoogroups mailing list, but any of the messages that i've sent arrived to the group =/

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Hello from Brazil
Interesting stuff, Wagner! Most people don't know that there's actually a lot of academic research on role playing games of all types, though I think we're familiar with the mathematical side of board and card games.

There are lots of active gamers in Japan, but as far as I know the conventions are generally mostly in Japanese. Maybe someone else can give you better information though.

Kevyn

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Post Re: Hello from Brazil
The styles of are always the image of graceful women. Do you still remember the reaationary handbags of Chloe in 2010? Very smart design. The spring of 2011 is coming, Chloe changes image as before,launched a series of lovely handbags. The sun burst through the clouds and cast its golden rays all over the land. It makes us feel the sunshine of spring irradiates the earth. The sun has begun to thaw the ground out.The winter winds are no longer so much cold.Handbag is regarded as an opium of women in 21 century.As for many ladies,carrying on hand are definitely a symbol of social status. You can also have your own like the Hollywood stars. Different styles with different real leather, have became a vital part of our life. bring you to the fashion world. They will increase lots of charm for you.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]