It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Heavy Gear Blitz 

Post Re: Heavy Gear Blitz
No, the campaign continues. There is a thread that isn't apparent right away but think about where he just came from ...
In any case, I'd like to think that within each action is a consequence, a ripple that will cause a wake. No, if the car is destroyed and Dreker is killed, there will be consequences.
Remember, we aren't using one individual, we are using the arsenal of this universe. It has a plethora of gibberish to channel into a decent storyline. In anycase, perhaps we can get into my storyline I had for it long long ago.

As for the dl ... I ended up buying my Locked and Loaded, and Lightening Strike (Jovian ruleset) versions which I believe were the newest.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail

I've made some counters for the major northern and southern gears. I haven't printed or mounted them yet though, so I'm not entirely sure how the little tiny pictures will look. Hopefully I'll have some alone time with the laser printer this afternoon.

If anyone wants to, we could try a quick shoot out at the Saitama games day. I've still got all my trees, hills, and railroad buildings.

John

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I am game. We don't need the buildings or trees though for the scenario. It might be easier if we limit the obstacles and just set a couple of elevations so we can get the hang of it. If we all decide we like it, we can really get down and dirty.
As for your counters, thank you!! I just so happen to have a few stands (used in the old Talisman) so we are in the clear! :)
I am game for Saitama, 2 weeks from now.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 pm
Profile E-mail

I'll be there too and yes I'm up for it

also on a side note I went to yellow submarine today and found a naga model for 800 yen, awsome so there will hopefully be one model on the table...if I get some time to paint it or not as the case may be...

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:42 am
Profile E-mail

Hello gents,

I have briefly looked over my .pdf. Can I say, I HATE reading from the pc. Does anyone know how I can easily get this biggun printed?

In regards to what I read, I think a 600 pt game would be reasonable, so we can get some heavies involved. I don't think having support will be a wise choice seeing as this is our first time doing this, also my idea wouldn't warrant it.

My idea is that the there will be a road running asymmetrically perpendicular (between widthwise) across the the two tables. It would be reasonably close to Peace River so airstrikes and artillery would be a no no from their standpoint; an AOW would be a bad thing. Due to the timeline the gears chosen would have been posted around the area anyways doing scouting and whatnot so there wouldn't be an enormous task force. I would hazard that most of the gears would be scouting types BUT there may be a strider doing deep recon.

I would say that having 3-4 gears each would be more than enough. This being our first time, it would be best, in my very humble opinion, to KISS it; I don't even know the rules! :roll:

As for terrain ... it is the desert area but some scraggly trees may pose as some light cover, if you care to bring them. I would be mainly interested in the elevation and rocks so that the playing field has some variety. I think having 3-4 terrain pieces each, taking turns placing them wherever (not on the road) will be in our best interest. I suppose we can use boxes and decks of cards for this but if you chaps have any, please feel free to make our table a little more inviting. I will visit a 100yen store tomorrow as one of my many chores to do ... busy busy. What say you all?

Brett

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

So John, you brought back some Heavy Gear minis did you? :D

Roughly how many and what factions are they? Enough for a small skirmish maybe?

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:33 am
Profile E-mail

About 12 Northern Gears. Maybe 10? There in a box at home. I'll take some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

There's enough for a very small skirmish, if you don't mind north on north. I'll bring them to the next meet up, assuming I can make it.

Cheers,
John

Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:38 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Hey John!

I just put in an order at DP9 taking advantage of their Thanksgiving special offer for a 750 TV Northern force. :)
It's too bad we've both fallen for the angular Gears of the north, but I guess we can play different leagues, eh? Hehe!

Anyway, here's the PL 1 force I put together:

[acronym="Northern Guard"]NG[/acronym] Army roster, 750 TV, PL 1

Infantry Platoon (Core) 80TV
  • Infantry Squad Leader CGL 20TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
  • Infantry Squad 20TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
  • Infantry Squad 20TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
  • Infantry Squad 20TV
    • Anti-Gear Rifle +5 TV
Recon Squad (Auxiliary) 285TV
  • Jaguar CGL 65TV
    • Swap MAC for HRF +0 TV
  • Ferret MkII 45TV (Cheetah->Ferret -30 TV->Ferret MkII +5 TV)
    • Swap LAC for MRF +0 TV
  • Wild Ferret 35TV (Cheetah->Ferret -30 TV->Wild Ferret -5 TV)
    • Swap DPG for LRF +0 TV
  • Cheetah 70TV
    • Swap DPG for LRF +0 TV
  • Cheetah 70TV
    • Swap DPG for LRF +0 TV
Veteran Dragoon Squad (Auxiliary) [Army Command Group] 385TV
  • Jaguar CGL, ArmyCmdr 85TV (Rabid Grizzly->Jaguar -30 TV)
    • Increase Ld to 3 +10 TV
    • +1 Ld for ArmyCmdr +10 TV
  • Cheetah 70TV
    • Swap DPG for LAC +5 TV
  • Cheetah 70TV
    • Swap DPG for LAC +5 TV
  • Jaguar 80TV (Hunter->Jaguar +20 TV)
    • Swap LRP for AGM +10 TV
    • Att and Def to 3 +10 TV
  • Jaguar 80TV (Hunter->Jaguar +20 TV)
    • Swap LRP for AGM +10 TV
    • Att and Def to 3 +10 TV

I made this in Gear Garage, a highly recommended army builer for HG. ! Only bad thing is that you can't load the armys you save in it... but still! Great piece of software, takes away a lot of the haed ache of building a force.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 am
Profile E-mail

Great! Now we just need to play at some point.
john

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

---------
Although I've almost managed to paint my Northern Force (2 Cheetahs and some infantry left) it turns out I'll miss out on the Heavy Gear action here in Japan. :(

However, I went to a print shop last year and printed out the latest ruleset (Heavy Gear Blitz: Locked and Loaded) so I thought maybe someone would be interested in having a physical book. How does 500 yen sound? :)

-Martin

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5