It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Heavy Gear Blitz 
Site Admin

Post Re: Heavy Gear Blitz
Yes, I'm all go! However, I'll still have to hold off on buying minis until my job situation stabilizes. Hehe!

So Brett and Sam is interested in making Southern forces and me and John are more for making Northern, right?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:11 am
Profile E-mail

Sounds good to me. I've been thinking about making some foam core + sticker counters. It wouldn't take me very long and it give us a chance to play around with it while we wait to get minis. I think there are counter images on the dream pod 9 site. I might even have a copy rattling around on my hard drive.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Yeah all sounds good to me too, the counter thing sounds pretty good too, so we could essentially try before we buy, so I don't go getting a completly useless set of models just because they look good, for example, hehe

When we get some stuff it might be better to go from the UK as the pound is worse at the moment, Jorvikgames.co.uk is the official supplier, but there might be a cheaper option I'll have a look around. :geek:

I looked a bit and found a cheaper supplier in nobleknights.com, but I don't know what there shipping prices are like, they do seem to have a whole bunch of options for shipping international though.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Actually one more thing, Martin would it be possible to get the rules in PDF from you? please?
Is it small enough to email for example? I really want to read before next time if possible :ugeek:

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Did you end up getting the rules Mr.Messy? (Sorry I forgot your name) I have them in .pdf (85.3MB). I got them from rpg.net so it is watermarked but it is in perfect condition.

A general Q for everyone would be if you know the best way of getting these .pdf's copied and bound here in Japan for a reasonable cost. I have a few things I wouldn't mind getting done. I hate reading things from the pc. Is it just me, or do your eyes get sore from staring at a screen as well?

The scenario and table. I am inclined for this scenario:
Peace River had been holding a fugitive by the name of Moehan Dreker, whom had requested asylum after being caught by Peace River's authorities. This man is a spy for the Northern Confederacy who had the mission of stealing top secret specs on a Southern Armies new Gear protoype; this newest Gear has been rumoured to have a neuro-connect interface that would revolutionise warfare as we know it.
In an unpredendented maneuver, PR has decided to release Dreker, notifying both Northern and Southern armies at the same time. They will let Dreker leave in an unarmoured car, at its western gate, only 3 hours from now. Peace River no longer wishes to harbour such a dangerous individual within its safe confines and wishes to leave the capturing of Dreker to whomever is quick enough to retrieve him.
Due to the unusual situation, both armies must consolidate a task force bent on retrieving him or killing him, whichever is easiest. Threat Value will have to be agreed upon. Terrain is in the desert with no specific landmarks asides a few hills in the middle, and a few on either side of the table. The wall of PR would occupy one side of the table. It poses as an obstacle which should not be damaged otherwise there will be cause for war with PR. Therefore, there can be no artillery or airstrikes to aid in these endeavours.
I believe the basic rules should be enough for this before we decide that this is something we want to do more often. Card Board cutouts of Gears is more than enough for now unless we want something more. If we do decide that this game is exactly what we want, then perhaps I would be able to design a campaign setting using the system AND our first scenario's results.

What do you guys think?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 am
Profile E-mail

No I don't have them, if its possible to send them to me that would be awsome. My email is shikamaru_nara@hotmail.co.uk

The scenario sounds pretty good to me :D

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail

I just realised that I don't have any way of sending this file because it is so big! I have sent you a torrent that has all the info via hotmail just now. I also have the programs needed to dl this if you don't have it.

PS. What is your name again please?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Sounds like a good scenario for getting started. Should probably have some heavy incentives for actually snatching the VIP instead of just blowing his little car sky high. :mrgreen:

What edition of the rules do you have Brett? "Heavy Gear Blitz! Locked and Loaded" is the latest edition and mine weighs in at 83.5 mb. I have it available from my Dropbox account so let me know and I can send you the link.

Oh, and I believe Mr Messy's name is Sam. :P

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Yes, the added incentive for you the Northern team is to keep him alive but the Southern Team does not "have" to. You will also have the ability to pick said person up in your gear hands if need be. We can work on that. It also has a continuous thread of ramifications should we pursue said course. I think a couple of tables should suffice. As for terrain ... it is the desert so we only need some dunes.
As for the Blitz, I believe I have the version you sported about on Game Day. It is 83 some odd MB's so I couldn't do a warm hand-off to Sam. I gave him the torrent though which I think has the latest version as well as other stuff.
;)

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Yes indeed my name is Sam, hooray

Thanks for the link, but I actually have this one, it's the old one I think :( when you downloaded it did you get locked and loaded? Anyway, I would be really grateful for the link Martin, even if just to check which is which :)

Also just a quick point, if say the Southern forces were to kill the transport, surely the campaign option would be cut off, disaster averted for example

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next