It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Heavy Gear Blitz 

Post Heavy Gear Blitz
Since HG was mentioned in the Battletech thread, I decided to start a new thread.

I have got the Blitz rulebook in pdf format, a small force of northern and southern gears, and enough N scale model railroad buildings and other terrain to get started. The gears are in a box in the states, but I'm going to be there this summer to visit my parents and can pick them up then.

I've only played once, and that was well over a year ago. Although I was horribly disorganized, it was quite fun.

John

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Heavy Gear Blitz
I almost feel like jumping up and down and clapping my hands at this point! It's great to have another HG enthusiast in JIGG! :D

I've never actually played any of DP9's games (except for a demo version of Lightning Strike) but I own many of them and take them out now and then to read.

My current Heavy Gear plan is to get the rulebook as a pdf like you, and then get either just a northern force for myself (as I like their blocky design) or northern and something more to be able to introduce it to friends.

I probably won't get started in earnest until May/June though (since I'm busy with now) so the timing should be just right. :)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Excellent. I can't get my minis until July, but now I am motivated to buy a few more.

I'd love to try full thrust. Any chance of you bringing it to one of the game days when you finish painting?

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:37 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Sounds good! Let's aim for the summer then. Hehe!

Yeah, I'm planning on bringing my two small starter fleets to the Tintagel game day on the 26th, so if you're there let's give it a try.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:52 am
Profile E-mail

Great. I should be there.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I couldn't help but see this. In truth, there is a lot to be had with this system BUT the main irony of it all is that I have never played it! I unearthed it a long time ago but there weren't enough friends that were interested gaming at the time so I kept it to myself. I have been a 'in the closet' fan of HG for a long time. The storyline is awesome and there is a beautiful potential to set up an amazing rpg with it. I have unfortunately sold my collection of books to move here :( Luckily, I have since dl'd tonnes of material and read a lot of it too - I love the storylines.
SHould you guys aim to play this, please count me in. I can at least make cardboard cutouts of gears (in worse case scenarios).

Brett

Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Haha! You're just like me! :D

I love the setting and I got a bunch of books that I've read for that reason alone. I tried to get a few friends into it in the past, and although they weren't negative per se, they didn't see the potential that I do.

I'm aiming to get a small Northern force together during the summer. Probably starting off from the and then going from there.

Well, we're up to three then. Yay!

Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Have you found a store in Tokyo that sells Gears?
The yellow submarine in shinjuku used to have a few random blister packs, but I haven't bothered to check there in ages.

John

Sat May 16, 2009 9:37 am
Profile E-mail WWW

You know, I am not adverse to going into cardboard chits or standups like in the old battletech days. Actually, in a few months I will be picking up DUST and Risk 2210 AD for some dice-festing but also for the little pieces.

As an aside, I kinda liked the Southern Army looks too .... Black Mamba and Naga.

The story I couldn't go into total detail but I was entertained enough with it. It reminded me of Robotech when everyone just had to get along in the second season. I also liked the fact that the Terrans could possibly come back and try to retake control. That is a new storyline in of itself.

Sat May 23, 2009 7:44 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
I'd be happy to play Heavy Gear with counters on a hex map. The ranges seem pretty absurd when you play at 1/144 scale. We would need to play in a gymnasium or some other huge room to get even close.

Mon May 25, 2009 9:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next