It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Golden Week Games Convention in Moriguchi-shi, Osaka 

Post Golden Week Games Convention in Moriguchi-shi, Osaka
Linda and I are starting to get down to planning for the convention.

We will run things in a similar fashion to last time except of course for changes related to the venue change for the first day.

Saturday May 1st:
Preparation; We will be busy little bunnies during the day, final shopping and prepping all the yummy food and so on.
As per last time anyone wanting accomodation is welcome to contact us to make arrangements. We have space for quite a few people to stay if required from Saturday night, earlier if need be.

Sunday May 2nd: There'll be an early start at the hall and we have access I believe until 10pm. I suspect that actually means we have to be completely cleaned up and out by then so games will need to finish by 9-9.30. The catering of course will have to be different from last year as we will need to take everything with us. The current plan is to set up an all day snack/sandwich/salad bar with maybe a few extras around dinner time-ish and not serve a specific meal as we usually do at our events. This is probably better for players anyway as games stop/start at different times anyway.

We are hoping to have at least 2 RPGs running, at least 3 tables of boardgames (Short/Med/Long duration), D&D miniatures &/or WH40K &/or Bloodbowl.

This should be the biggest day of the convention - at least that's what we're aiming for :) Last year the biggest day was 30 people - hoping to beat that this time!

If we need more space than the hall has, then we'll have people playing at our place as well.

Monday May 3rd: This will run much like last year. It'll be at our place, and we'll run whatever games people want - board games, RPG, D&D minis etc. There'll be games from whenever people turn up (which for those staying with us might simply be from when they get up). There'll be a cooked breakfast available for those who arrive early enough, plus there'll be an all day snack/sandwich/salad bar similar to Sunday's one, but we'll provide a separate evening meal for those that want it. Games will run until noone wants to play anymore or everyone has had to go and catch their last train home.

Tuesday May 4th: The same as Monday but games will finish early - around 4pm probably, as this is the final day and we're planning a BBQ in the park across the road to finish.

Wednesday May 5th: Tidy up, push any stragglers out the door and catch up on sleep!

Prices will probably be about the same as last time, but we'll post something definite about that soon. Last year it was around 500 yen for the day including food, 500 yen for the cooked breakfast, 500 yen for accommodation (which included the breakfast) and 1,000 yen for the BBQ.

We'll be putting a poll up in the next day or two (on Kansai JIGG), so please keep an eye out and respond to it as soon as you can as it really helps with our planning.

Cheers
Linda & Ryan

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Post Re: Golden Week Games Convention in Moriguchi-shi, Osaka
Oh man, I can't believe I missed this! I just found this forum right after a big Kansai event. Drat.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]