It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 German cards anyone? 

Post German cards anyone?
Hey everyone! I know it's been a while but it's that time again: in a little over three weeks I'll be heading back to Japan. Since my dealer here is a bit uncomfortable with just handing me random amounts of stuff, this time I'll be taking orders and requests, should anyone feel they want any German product or single cards.

I can get packs of most recent sets, which I can either trade for Japanese RoE/M11 packs 1:1 or sell at Japanese going rates. If you want singles, let me know and I'll look into the price.

I have a much more relaxed schedule this year so expect to see me a bit more regularly at Shakey's and other events ;)

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:05 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: German cards anyone?
Awesome - welcome back!! Doubt I'll be able to see you til August, but I'm sure I'll be happier just knowing you're in the country.
Not sure about orders unless you can get archenemy scheme cards. How do you say "Your Puny Minds Cannot Fathom" in German? I think German should be the official language for all black and red cards (even if that means I have to renounce my monolingual status).

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm not sure Archenemy is even being translated but if it is, sure, I can find some for you. ;)

As for the translation... I could cobble something together but omitting the object in German sentences usually sounds much, much weirder than in English ones...

"Was euer mickriger Verstand nicht begreifen kann"

or, more freely,

"Jenseits eures kümmerlichen Verstandes"

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Vaso!
Wie geht's? Ich mochte vielleicht zehn deutsches Boosterpackung von M11. (Sorry, can't find the umlaut on my computer)
I'm not a Shakey's boy anymore, so I'll organise a 'pick-up'.
Cheers, and hope we can catch up.
Stephen.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Vaso,

Good to hear from you too. It has been awhile. How is life in Germany? If you haven't heard I moved back to Michigan last Sept. to take a teaching position in my home state of Michigan where my family is located. I miss Shakey's and the gang and I thought I would still be the longest participant, but alas, life changes and my wife is here now, so I am happy.
I might like to get some German cards from you for my friend who lived in Germany for a short time. Would you be able to get some M11 cards for him? Lets say 5 boosters. How much and how can I send you the money?
Steven: you no longer go to Shakey's? sorry to hear that. Who is running the league now?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail

I'd be interested in Phylactery Lichs - I won't be able to order singles online, this time, so would be interested in the German prices.

Also would love to trade Jese M11 for German Worldwake boosters that contain Jace. Is that doable?

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 am
Profile E-mail

I'm not sure I can get M11 singles since it's only just the prerelease (going to that now btw :P) and I'm flying on Wednesday already... But I'll try my best to find some! As for the WWK, that is no problem at all though I cannot guarantee the Jace :P Just tell me how many you want and I'll trade them for JP packs 1 for 1.

@Jeff: so sorry you left, it was good times :) all the best in Michigan! As for the packs I'm sure we can arrange something, I can always mail you the packs and you send me money on PayPal or something once they arrive. Unless someone is in Japan over the summer who's going to the US or something? I'm open to any suggestion.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Well, that was a disappointment :( Apparently my dealer barely has enough product to supply for the various pre/release tournaments and also is somewhat worried about giving me stuff while the set is not officially on sale yet. That means no M11 for me to bring, I'm sorry! I'll try and pick up some WWK and I still have a box of Shards and about half a box of ROE that I won at various events, I'll be bringing what I can get my hands on but unless I can persuade the guy until Wednesday I fear M11 will not be possible. Should have booked my flight a week later, heh...

Sorry for the trouble everyone!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey Vaso, no problems. I'd be interested in 3 each of WWK and ROE if you still have some left when I see you.

I really love Shards, but not sure about getting boosters at this stage.

Have a good flight, and might see you at Shinjuku Amenity on Friday afternoon if you can make it.

Cheers,
D

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hey everyone,

I'm here now, spent the long weekend down at the sea near Ise and got some family business tonight so I guess I'll be coming to Shakey's next week's Wednesday. It is still happening at the old place, right? See you then ;)

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next