It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 EDH AWESOMENESS!!! 

Post Re: EDH AWESOMENESS!!!
It's actually not that broken in practice unless someone is playing a total degenerate combo deck that instantly wins. What that type of mulligan usually does is set your deck up to work properly the majority of the time. It can only be repeated once so its not like I can mull until I get a sol ring and some other crazy ****. At best I've found myself trading a wrath effect and a piece of equipment for two lands.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Slightly EDH related question:
Anyone know any sites with good online deck builders?
Going to attempt to put this deck together in time for next weeks Shakey's nite, but I want a better way to organize it than just writing down names of cards.
Looking for something using flash or java (so you don't have to keep refreshing the page every time you enter a card name), and preferably utilizing some manner of auto complete search function (as in, you start typing, it will bring up a list of possible ones you mean before you're finished typing the word, much like google does).
Does such a site exist, or shall I continue to dream my fantastic dream?

Meanwhile, I still need that Living Death.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 am

Does anyone know for sure if the EDH tournament is on at Shinjuku Amenity? I'll definitely be there if it's on tomorrow (the 13th).

Kona, the best thing I know of is Apprentice...it does sound like a good idea though. Let me know when you've finished coding the Beta version?

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail

They stopped running the tournament... Judging by the fact that the prizes have been getting worse and worse, it is probably because they are running out of random promos to hand out for a 300 yen entry fee.

I'll still be up for some EDH action though.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail

defenestrator wrote:
Kona, the best thing I know of is Apprentice...it does sound like a good idea though.?

Is MWS not that good for deck building?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:28 am
Profile E-mail

defenestrator wrote:
Kona, the best thing I know of is Apprentice.

melink14 wrote:
Is MWS not that good for deck building?

Key words here are "online deck builders".
Both are good in their own right, but I can't access them at any time from any computer. Not quite as handy as I'd been hoping/looking for.

Last edited by skfs on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:54 am

has an online deck builder

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 am
Profile E-mail

yeah, I've had an account with them from way back, but then I found that other flash based one, so I stopped using it.
*shrug* well, they're better than the other ones available at the moment, so I guess it'll do.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 pm

So in the Boston wide quest for Xiahou Dun the One-Eyed and Grim Tutor I stumbled across a store that was having it's Friday night draft tournament going on. I arrived early so I decided to, after learning my quarry had not been in stock, see if anyone had an EDH deck. I found an American born quirky Japanese guy who was playing Uril and we were off.

Game one involved me partial paris mulliganing and still only having one land in my opening hand! My hand was scroll rack, swamp, claws of gix and some stuff that didn't matter. I ripped a land on my 2nd draw, cast the scroll rack and proceeded to NOT MISS A LAND DROP FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. The Uril player missed probably about 5 over the course of the whole thing. I cannot stress how important it is to ensure that you're making your land drops in EDH. Failure to do so is nothing short of poor deck construction.

Game one ended in me combo-ing out and swinging with a stupidly large Puppeteer Clique. Game two was much more interesting. His Uril deck was different from most that load up on Auras. His had a lot of phatties and they had shroud. Ouch. I struggled to hold on, wiping the board several times. Eventually I had Rings of Brightheart, Maze of Ith and an Icy Manipulator in play and was staring down his army. I ripped a Beacon of UNrest and stole his Rampaging Baloths and proceed to breed an army with Deserted Temple and Thawing Glaciers. Eventually he played Uril and put a Griffin Guide on him. At the time I had three beast tokens, the baloth itself and Korlash in play. With no way to block flying, I vamp tutored for my only out, popped the top, cast said out (sudden spoiling) and trashed his team. Untapped and swung in for the win.

Donny: 2
Random Japanese American: 0

Seriously... they need to educate *****es about the black power.

The quest for Korlash completion continues... I think I am just going to have to order these ****s online.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Which stores have you checked out in Boston? Those are my old stomping grounds.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next