It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 EDH AWESOMENESS!!! 

Post EDH AWESOMENESS!!!
OMG today was a blast!

we had 12 players @ akiba and we did 2 rounds in 3 pods of 4 players

Don and I both won our pods round 1(sadly Eric was in Don's pod)

Eric Don and I won round 2!! SHAKEY'S GROUP DOMINATING!!!!!!!

My deck is now 99% complete(I picked up a Saltblast!!) I just need an Invulnerabilty (tempest uncommon 1W instant buyback 3)

best moment of the day for me:

I countered TWO IDENTITY CRISIS IN THE SAME GAME FROM TWO DIFFERENT OPPONENT'S!!! Mana Tithe and Dawn Charm FTW!!! WHITE POWER!!!

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: EDH AWESOMENESS!!!
I guess I can add some of my amazing adventures that game...

Pod #1 - Eric blows his Nev's disk clearing the board. I get giddy and cast Yawg's win with 20 more mana on tap. Play my entire graveyard out which just happened to include rings of brightheart and a surestrike trident. Korlash then went to town, even though he was pacified. The best part was when I hit the guy playing a bad version of Akroma for 2x 20 pt. tridents and a 30 pt. Profane Command IN ONE TURN. OUCH.

Pod #2 - If this were how my deck were built it would be totally ****, but I Yosei locked the table (save for Alex who was being smart and not doing anything to draw my wrath :twisted: ) It started with Chainer resurecting Yosei and then sac'ing it to Phyrexian Tower. Then came the Puppeteer Clique, then an Ink-Eyes nijitsu-ing the clique, then the clique again, then a beacon of unrest. It was LOLs. It ended up with me vs. Alex but Yawgs Win again did him in ^______^

Pod #3 - Myojin of Nights Reach race with the guy next to me. I get mine off first and I hit DEATH CLOUD, IDENTITY CRISIS, and MYOJIN OF NIGHTS REACH. WOOOT. Sorin the Zur player and slaughter the guy playing **** cards. Unfortunately the Zur player dropped story circle and I top decked land for the rest of the game. Still fun though.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Sounds awesome guys, sorry I missed it. Let me know if you plan a repeat for next week - I should be free.

Don, always happier to see black power =D Yosei is a horrible card, and I guess it can come back to bite you in the *** - in fact, the last time I played Teneb, that's exactly what happened, right Sean?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail

My second game was pretty hilarious.

I start the game out with Vedalken Orrery and play planar portal pretty early fetching darksteel forge and akroma's memorial first of course.

Someone plays faith's fetters on my portal but I play sculpting steel copying it. Later I flash in nev's disk in the end step and then play darksteel forge during my turn blowing everything up.

One guy is playing enchantments with this guy who can fetch enchantments and artifacts from the yard as a general, and he get's o-ring to stop my forge. :(

The rest of the time I spend being quiet and trying not to draw people's ire. At the end I used null brooch to counter disenchant as well as someone else's memorial.

Of course, with two portals, I could have gone infinite pretty easily but, that wasn't as fun as bashing with akroma's toolkit to kill all 3 other players. :)

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 am
Profile E-mail

Hey Eric you forgot to post this...

And make sure Alex brings my Deserted Temple. We has teh evil planz for it /guffaw

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Rishana wrote:
We has teh evil planz for it /guffaw
... you used the word "guffaw"... your cool points just increased by 10.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:53 am

Rishana wrote:
And make sure Alex brings my Deserted Temple. We has teh evil planz for it /guffaw

It looks like Alex won't be at Shakey's today. I will also miss out on the fun.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Banned list update: as of Dec 20, Grindstone is unbanned and Painter's Servant is banned. Pete: that includes Teysa decks too!

Also, we have always played with a free mulligan to 7, but apparently the official rules are:

"8. The start of game procedure for EDH is as follows:
1. Players announce their choice of General and move that card to the command zone.
2. Players may then sideboard if the optional rules for sideboards are being used.
3. Each player draws a hand of seven cards.
4. Players may mulligan, using the modified "Partial Paris" method.

Partial Paris Mulligan rule

Because EDH games are long and usually not played in multigame matches, EDH uses a modified mulligan rule designed to aleviate mana-light hands without significantly increasing the odds of finding individual cards. This is also known as the "Brittany" mulligan rule.
1. In turn order, players may exile (face down) some or all of the cards in their hand.
2. Each player then draws one less card from their deck than the number they exiled.
3. Players who exiled at least one card may return to step 1 and repeat the process, drawing one less card each time.
4. Players shuffle all exiled cards into their deck."

Do we want to make the free mulligan an official house rule, or stick to the Britney-only rule?

It is worth noting that even with this form of mulligan, decks playing an insufficient number of mana sources will routinely draw poor hands or insufficient mana as the game progresses.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Sean and I have been playing with the Normandy mulligan and it has been a blast as well as a lot simpler and more efficient than either the Gis mulligan or the one you mentioned.

You can only get the "1-for-1" once and that's it. After that you're stuck going with normal tournament magic mulligans. It's SO much quicker.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
So then,

Gis mulligan [current house rules]:
First mull is free (draw 7 new cards, shuffle ALL old cards back into deck), every mull there after takes 1 less card.

Normandy mulligan [proposed new house rules]:
Keep as many cards as you want from your initial draw, set aside unwanted cards, draw replacement cards until your hand is back to 7, shuffle set aside cards back into deck (ie. draw 7 cards initially, ditch 4, keep 3, draw 4 more cards, shuffle old cards back in).

I don't know about that second one. Yeah, it's guaranteed to be faster, but it kinda seems too easy to set yourself up with a great starting hand (ie. "Hmm, I won't need this card until late game, so I'll ditch it and the two extra land I don't need... draw three more cards, and... Helloooo perfect starting hand! Excellent!")

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next