It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Digital versions of beloved classics 
Site Admin

---------
Post Digital versions of beloved classics
Normally I always prefer a physical board game to a digitized one, but considering time (for painting) and space (for storing) restrains I thought I'd share this.

I guess most of you know about the high-profile GW computer games like Dawn of War or Warhammer Online, but you might not know about the two Swedes who made an unlicensed digital version of Space Hulk.
It differs from earlier licensed products in that this version is an exact copy of the boardgame. It's basic and the graphics are nothing to write home about, but it's great fun! And hard... it's Space Hulk! :D

The problem is they've run into some copyright troubles. According to the developers both THQ and GW would like to allow them to distribute the game but there are some kinks to be worked out first (although it's been a year now). More can be found on their .

Fortunately I managed to snag a copy before GW asked them to close down their downloads section. So if anyone is interested let me know.

Another straight board game-to-video game-conversion is the new Blood Bowl game that's being released sometime this year. It supports multiplayer tournaments and everything! And apparently you can choose to play it in either turn-based or real-time mode.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:32 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]