It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 D&D Tokyo 

Post Re: D&D Tokyo
Welcome Andoryu,

I might be up for weekend gaming if we can get a group together. Do you have any other co-conspirators in mind? I am particularly interested in running an AD&D 2E campaign as I have a ton of books.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Trithereon,

Sadly, not a lot of gamers among the people I hang out with these days. I'll certainly see if I can dig anyone else up, though.

If we do manage to get a group together, I'm up for pretty much any edition. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on the books (my old 1st edition AD&D books are probably back in the US somewhere if they haven't rotted away by now).

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail

I've got a lot of 2e books and some 1e stuff too. I am basically fine with either, although I know 2e better. I've been trying to recruit people on Pen and Paper Games as well. Let's see how it goes... By the way, what is your favorite campaign world?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Back in the day, my buddies and I played mostly Greyhawk, though we weren't purists and were happy to mix things up a bit. ;)

In college, most of the people I played with were more into Shadowrun and the Vampire games, so I played those (which is why most of my D&D experience is old-school 1st ed.)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Cool, I am a big Greyhawk fan. I have a lot of materials, both from 2e and some old school 1e stuff, like Tomb of Horrors. Are you mostly a player, DM or both? Also, any ideas on a location for playing? I haven't looked into it, but it seems like we might be able to rent a room at a community center, or the like... I could potentially host, but my place is not so big and probably a bit far for most people...

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Excellent :)

I'm mostly a player, so if someone enjoys DMing, that's cool with me. If no one else wants to DM, I could take a stab.

As for a location, I live in Sugamo (near Ikebukuro on the Yamanote and Toei Mita lines). I could look into renting space at a community center if that's a convenient location for people. I'm also pretty happy to host, but I have cats, so that wouldn't work if anyone had allergies.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Yeah, I have no problem DMing. Now all we need are some more players. I am in touch with one guy, but he doesn't live in Tokyo, which means he could only play via skype, which I have done and works amazingly well. Running a game by skype also saves time (commuting), and money (transportation, space). So its an option. But I am also open to a face-to-face game if we can recruit enough players. I live near Idogaya in Yokohama, and I am fine with commuting, I guess it really depends on what is best for everyone. (I don't mind cats :) So I guess we should put some feelers out for players...

How about it? Anyone else out there interested?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Very cool. I've never tried playing by skype, but would be happy to give it a try if that works better for people!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi All,

It looks like we now have 3-4 players for our 2e AD&D Skype game and if anyone else is interested we have room for a couple more.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
This thread was started by me to raise awareness of our Wednesday night game which everyone is welcome to come and play in at 6:30 to 9pm in yellow submarine, akihabara. If you would like to come along then bring a 2nd level character, a d20, a character miniature and you are ready to roll. DMs and players are both welcome but of course if you want to dm give me a little notice.

If you want to recruit players/start your own campaign then starting your own thread would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next