It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 D&D Tokyo 

Post D&D Tokyo

Sponsored Links

Looking for Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition players for Wednesday night 6 to 9pm at Yellow Submarine Akihabara.

Couple of views but no replies so I guess I should try to make it a little more appealing. We are an established and laidback group (3-4 core gamers, everyone is married and in their thirties) and have been playing for almost 2 years now. Recently we have made forays into WHFRP too. If you are interested in Fantasy roleplaying, are a veteran rpger or just want to know what all the noise is about then come along.

If you are a beginner why not take a look at the Robot Chicken Video Podcasts or listen to the Penny Arcade podcasts at the Wizards of the West Coast Website. While you are there take a look at the Character Builder and download the demo for free. You do not need to learn the rules straight away, or speak in a funny voice; merely suspend reality temporarily and put yourself in the shoes of a stalwart dwarf hero, a young wizard overflowing with barely controllable arcane power or an elf noblewoman turned assassin.

If you want to DM or are an veteran player then let us know what you want to play and please come along. Honestly everyone is welcome and we are proud to have hosted players from downunder, Hawaii, New Zealand, Mexico, The Dominican Republic and England.

Tue May 25, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: D&D Tokyo
Four of us are in the middle of a 4ED campaign, I just finished leveling up my character. I am playing a half-elf bard.:D
Once we are done there will surely be interest in a new one so keep in touch. We usually meet Thursdays in Nakano for DnD and weekends for other board games in Nakano or Ayase.

Sponsored links

Fri May 28, 2010 12:02 am
Profile E-mail

I was just googling "Tokyo d&d" and crossing my fingers and low and behold! Hopefully this post doesn't go unnoticed.

I've just recently moved to Japan and was hoping there were d20s rolling around somewhere in Tokyo. I've never really played before and the extent of my knowledge comes from the Penny Arcade podcasts really, but since that first podcast came out I've been itching to play. I'm in Nakano currently and probably here for at least until September, though I plan to stay in the Tokyo area.

My ideal character would be a rogue-ish type who solves problems with acrobatics and speech. Of course I'm willing to play anything really though i prefer melee over magic.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 am
Profile E-mail

We will be starting a new campaign next month so stay tuned! :)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am
Profile E-mail

Awesome ^^b

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:18 am
Profile E-mail

PM me your mail address and I ll send you more info

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 am
Profile E-mail

So looking to start playing a new campaign this wednesday July 7th... anyone else interested? Kick off at 6-7 at Yellow Sub...

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry bro, but we are already amidst a 4ed campaign and starting a new one soon (3.5 ED), so cant make it. :(
We are 5 now and could definitely use 1 more player if you are interested. :)

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 am
Profile E-mail

Hi, just signed up to this board. I am interested in either starting or joining (DM or play) a D&D game here in Tokyo/Yokohama. Anyone have a game going or interested in a new one? Any 1E or 2E enthusiasts out there?

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi all - just signed up to reply to this. Yoroshiku!

I'd be interested in playing in Tokyo at some point. Sadly, my work schedule makes it hard for me to commit to anything at a "reasonable" hour on a weekday (it's not uncommon for me to have to work pretty late, sometimes without much warning).

If anyone is putting a group together for weekend play at some point, though, I'd be interested (assuming I can get the idea past my wife....)

I haven't played much since college, but hope I can pick it up quickly.

Sponsored links

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next