It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:47 am

Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (OOC) 

Post Re: Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (OOC)
Man I am really enjoying this! I would suggest that if there are other players you should join us!

WOWWWW!

Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Thank you Giovanni.
Anyone is free to join, just post a CoC/BRP character and jump in at the train station.

John

Sat May 23, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

So, just to be clear - was the stationmaster's comment that there was a bar and a cafe in town a misstatement on your part, or did I actually hear him say that? (not that my cravings couldn't have imagined such a thing...)

Also, have you actually read Charles Fort? The Book of the Damned is available for download at Gutenberg.org - sometimes he sounds remarkably lucid, and at other times you will grind your teeth and pull your hair at the entirely matter-of-fact way he demonstrates just how credulous he is.

I had Maynes say he was a buffoon - but I really do think he was *intentionally* so - a kind of satirist aiming at both the occultists of the day and the arrogance of the positivism of his time. He's hard to read because his writing is rather like a nervous breakdown in print (this, my friends, is what happens when a journalist fails his SAN check) but he also points out some rather intriguing discrepancies. In many cases the truth is obvious (or at least it is when you know what we know now), in others the tales are far too anecdotal to take seriously, and in yet others you wonder how a grown man can really think that logic holds together, but it's still fascinating - in small doses.

Thu May 28, 2009 9:40 am
Profile E-mail

BTW, I'm really enjoying it too. I'm finding myself checking messages constantly, hoping the next entry has been posted!

But I really wish we could play this live - any chance of a one-off at a future game day, John?

Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 am
Profile E-mail

Sure.

I think I have enough plotted out for a fairly long series of inter-related episodes or adventures. Admittedly, there's only detail to the first bit since what happens here will effect events downstream.

Thu May 28, 2009 10:01 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I'd love to meet for a game, but I think that for at least a couple of months I am not able to do anything but virtually.
I think John lives quite far away if I remember right so I think at a future games day could be the best solution.

Although sorry but I am stuck!

Giovanni

Thu May 28, 2009 10:54 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I live up north in scenic Tochigi. I don't mind going to Tokyo though, as it gives me a chance to go to the bookstore.

John

Thu May 28, 2009 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Guys, I started to read the adventure thread and couldn't stop until the end. This looks like great FUN. I wish I had time to join you in this.

I haven't done any roleplaying since I was an early teen, and I'm not sure I would feel comfortable live roleplaying now as acting or going into a character is just not my cup of tea. But forum games like this is something I will have to look into.

I'm glad you chose Call of the Cthulha also. It is a game I always had a deep interest in, but never could find time to explore.

Maybe I'll join you all if you have a next adventure and I'm settled down and have time.

Matt

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:02 am
Profile E-mail

Sure! How did the farm work out?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 am
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Jon,

Will write to shortly through email about the farm and to catch up.

Hope all is well

Matt

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 am
Profile E-mail