It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC) 

Post Re: Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC)
The text suggests that it was used to grant shamans visions of other worlds, or to facilitate communication with the gods. Unfortunately, little else is known about the vine.

There are several copies of the pamphlets and advertisements you received on a small table by the front door. Now that you think about it, you don't remember seeing or hearing about Orne or his new sanitarium anywhere else.

[OOC - My high school journalism teacher was a retired anthropology professor from the University of Texas. I guess he had decided it would be fun to warp the minds of high school students. In one of his crazier stories, he told us about drinking something like yage. Said it 'put a sparkle on everything for a few days.']

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

-Hey where did you hear about the clinic? I am starting to fear it might turn into something a bit strange. I think we need to stay alert and lock all the doors. I wonder what kind of experiments the doctor is running? In case we might need to defend ourselves I have a little technological help called GUN that I am gonna stick as close as possible to myself.

{Mr.Aubert then goes toward his luggage and checks for teh pistol he should have n it}

-I think I will check the bungalow to see if there is something strange.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[Neither of you can remember where you first heard of the sanitarium. Once you had decided to apply for a stay, it was not difficult to find people who remembered Dr. Orne from before the Great War. He was a minor medical celebrity, doctor the to the rich and famous, but was suspected of being insufficiently patriotic.]

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

"Whilst the greater number of our nocturnal visions are perhaps no more than faint and fantastic reflections of our waking experiences—Freud to the contrary with his puerile symbolism—there are still a certain remainder whose immundane and ethereal character permit of no ordinary interpretation, and whose vaguely exciting and disquieting effect suggests possible minute glimpses into a sphere of mental existence no less important than physical life, yet separated from that life by an all but impassable barrier." Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Sleep beckons despite your creeping suspicions. A heavy lethargy has stolen into your limbs, and so you turn to bed. Hypnos comes quickly, and you slip into a deep slumber.

Unfortunately, something draws you back out of the blessed relief of the dream world. The house is still and quiet, yet something is different. This difference is unmistakable yet indescribable, solely defined by what it is not. Your clothes are and personal effects are, perhaps, where you left them. A queer silver light, like and yet unlike the light of our moon, bathes your rooms. In fact, the light is so bright that you would have no need of a candle or electric torch.

[OOC - Let me know if your characters did anything unusual before turning in.]

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

(ooc) I am fine please go ahead.

Mr,Aubert lies confortably on the sofa in the livingroom.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Sadly, Mr. Aubert, as well as Mr. Maynes, can't get back to sleep. Something is amiss, although you are unable to put your finger on it.

Aubert can tell that something has changed in the living room, perhaps a new smell or sound.

Maynes immediately notices a new picture on the wall of his room.

[OOC: At this point, I'm making rolls for the characters for things like spot hidden. Please let me know if there's some specific roll or game thing you want your character to do.]

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[OOC - I gather from your description that we drifted off to our respective bedrooms.]

[I blink my eyes blearily, squinting against the unexpected light. Where does it seem to be coming from? The window? The hallway? Could it be morning already, or has Orne come to check on us? I slide back the sheet and the scratchy wool blanket, and slip out of bed. A step, and then I pause in the middle of the room, ears straining to hear - is that the sound of someone moving about? Slowly, the hair on my neck begins to rise as I come more awake, and the preternatural glow presses more fully into my consciousness. What is this silvery glare? And what is that presence...Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a picture on my wall that I'm certain was not there before (I am, ahem, adept at noticing objets d'art - purely in a professional capacity of course). I step up, peering at it more closely, and glancing more carefully around the room to see if there are any other mysterious changes.]

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 pm
Profile E-mail

It's impossible to say where the light is coming from. At first you thought it was the light of the moon, but as you slip deeper into wakefulness you realize it has no source. It is night, so it is dark, yet you can see.

The sketch is crude, executed in heavy black ink and watercolor. The style is strange, a crude mixture of ancient Egyptian, Mayan, and Sumerian styles.

You realize that the house is not entirely silent--you can hear the ocean, as if the house were overlooking a beach rather than a placid pond.

Attachment:
A strange sketch.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I start looking around the living room, and take particular care at the sounds and the light that is coming from around myself, I try to be as attentive as I can. After that mr.Aubert will go into his room and take his gun, because "it's gettin' a bit out of hand around here"

"Can I still trust Dr. Orne? better to have a gun with me"

ooc(I keep checking the living room and after a bit I go to get my gun in my room)

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Mr. Aubert is profoundly unsettled to discover that he has had the pistol in hand all along.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next