It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC) 

Post Re: Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC)
-Yes I think a couple of sandwiches would be nice, seing that yellow thing down there did actually stimulate my appetite (laugh).

-Oh! Sir by the way you mentioned the Krauts, where you in europe during the great war? I have family there it has been orrible!I guess you must have seen a lot of things? isn't it?

(ooc I try to work out what kind of scars these are)

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Looking uncomfortable, Williams shrugs and says, "Well, yes sir, I did go over there. As to a bit of grub, well..." as he trails off, he turns and spits.
"I'll level with you gentleman. Dr. Orne wanted me to take you straight back. But, as I'd like to go , I suppose you two could get Richard to fix you up with something." Williams gestures with his hat back towards the town square. "His place is just over that away. Should still be serving at this hour."
Williams rummages around in his jacket, and pulls out a pack of French cigarettes and "Twenty minutes sound like enough time?"

[That rattle, that horrible rattle... it can only be the Keeper of Arcane Lore.]
[The slide looks like Native American work. It's made of silver and a large turquoise stone. It's well polished. Beyond that, nothing else about it is immediately obvious. The scars on the back of his hands look like old burns. There are any number of horrible weapons used in the Great War that could have caused such burns. Mustard gas was known to produce horrific burns on those exposed to it.]

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

"20 minutes ought to be just the ticket - I'm sure we can get a few sandwiches wrapped up and my Dewar flask filled, even if the cafe has closed. Will you join me Mr.Aubert? Or shall I just bring something back for you?"

[I pop open my steamer and rummage a bit, pulling out my somewhat battered Dewar vacuum flask]

"I say, Williams, do the dogs look good in this sleepy town? If so, I've half a mind to ask you to keep your eye open for a good strong one for me."

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail

His face wreathed in smoke, Williams laughs. "Oh, they're all right. If you like, I can sort you out. The doctor don't hold with dogs, so you'll have to keep it hush-hush."

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Ah, well, when I was just a bit younger I was known to occasionally finish training quite large dogs in just one night. Still, if the good doctor has a rule against it, perhaps you'd best see if you can find me something a bit older and mellow.

[I slip him a fiver and tap out my pipe on my shoe.]

Are you coming Aubert? Or shall I just have the shop wrap something up for us? I'm sure the stationmaster will be happy to keep you company if you'd rather rest. No doubt he has a multitude of fascinating stories to tell.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 am
Profile E-mail

I am fine to come too, I think I will enjoy your company!

Les go then.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[I tuck the pipe in my blazer pocket and help Mr.Aubert lever himself up out of the car again. As we set off, I turn back to Williams - ]

"Right, back here in 20 minutes time, then."

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail

[OOC - Apologies for the long delay. I was not able to use the computer for more than a few minutes at a time this weekend.]

Sandwiches in hand, you find Williams leaning on the hood of the Rolls Royce. As you walk up to the automobile, he screws the cap back on a silver flask and tosses it in the car, through the open window.

"Little something for you in the back of the auto. I hate to rush you gentleman, but I'd like to beat the storm. If it rains hard enough, might wash out the bridge and then we'd be in a pickle."

The wind has picked up, and dark clouds are scuttling across the night sky.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I enter the car and make sure I have the flask close to me! at the first chance I want to start a conversation so perhaps after 20 minutes in the car I want to ask them about the history of the sanatorium.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
[I clutch my hat to my head against the rising wind, and hold the door for Mr.Aubert as he gets in. Once we're all in the car, I gesture to Aubert that he might have a swig of whatever Williams managed to get poured into the hip flask while I unpack a couple of sandwiches and tuck in. As Aubert is probing Williams about the ranch, I'll try to steer the conversation a bit more towards history - particularly the thing on the beach, and what other unusual events have happened in this region over the years. Something about the thing is bothering me, and tickling the back of my mind is a memory of an article that ran in the New York Times, back in February, '36, telling of some enormous bones found at El Boquin on the Mico river down in Nicaragua, said to be the remains of a giant. I had dismissed the story as a fanciful misidentification of dinosaur bones, but...could there be some huge beast as yet unknown? I resolve to discuss the matter with Aubert in private later.]

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:55 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next