It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC) 

Post Re: Call of Cthulhu - Carlsbad County Sanitarium (IC)
being obviously worried about the strange phenomena surrounding the bunglow, I go and knock on my companion's door.

(hey Mate are yo in there, I am getting all weirded out here! I think it is better if we stay togeather in case something happens)

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 am
Profile E-mail WWW

You have begun to suspect that you are not awake. The way objects seem to move slightly when you aren't looking at them, the mutability of small details, the strange sense of having done all this before all point to a dream. And yet it seems more real than your waking life.

[OOC- Successful idea rolls, both critical successes.]

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

[I begin to suspect that I am not awake - and to test the theory I reach for one of the books I got out to do research earlier and try to read it...everyone knows you can't read in a dream.]

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail

[After flipping through a book to see if I can read it, I move to the door and attempt to open it. If it opens, I slip out into the hallway as quietly as possible (after all, I might yet be sleepwalking or operating under the influence of the strange events of earlier in the evening) to see how other areas of the bungalow have changed. Is Aubert sleeping? Has the fire died down? What of the decor? And what does it look like outside?]

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

As you suspected, the books is full of scribbles and squiggles. In the hallway, there is another strange drawing. It depicts the mirror image of the bearded and crowned figure from the picture in your room.

Aubert is in the living room, clutching his pistol and looking about nervously.

You twitch aside the drapes and peer cautiously through the window. Outside the sky is a deep purple, as if dawn were nigh. The valley has been transformed into lake. The water is captivating. Foamy waves, far too large for such a body of water, break upon a narrow beach below the bungalow. The shore is black and shiny. Entranced by the waves, you realize that they resemble clouds as much as waves. Far out in the middle of the lake green and red lights flicker.

Two figures in white are standing on the shore.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Good grief! What's Aubert doing in my dream? I say, do put that thing away would you?

[I ignore him as I head to the window and peek outside. Seeing the water all around makes the hair stand on my arms, but it's no stranger than anything else, really. The two figures interest me - dressed in Indian cotton pyjamas and wrapped in a thigh-length smoking jacket I slip on my shoes and step out into the night to find out what they want...]

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail

After a few minutes, Maynes realizes that it is taking far longer than he expected to reach the shore. At some point he must have taken a wrong turn, for the steps down from the porch have turned into a dark passage winding down into the earth.

Suddenly the steps run out, and Maynes stumbles into fire lit cavern. A narrow path twists and turns around stalactites and stalagmites.

In the unimaginably distant past some cataclysm opened up a great chasm splitting the cave in two. Some great fire burns in the depths of the pit, illuminating the cavern. A narrow stone bridge is the only way across the chasm. Two bearded men stand on the far side of the chasm, beckoning you on.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 am
Profile E-mail WWW

- I am sorry mate, I am getting a little nervous here! (I put away my gun.)

- It is really strange outside, lets stay togeather, I am a little worried.

- You want to go outside? the lake? Well to be honest I am really scared but I will come with you I would be more scared to stay here alone.

- Look what is that chasm? a cave you go in first? OK I am just after you .......

(ooc, Sorry guys I have been a little busy, though here I am)

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:38 am
Profile E-mail WWW

The hair on my arms is starting to prickle, and I can feel Mr.Aubert behind me like a lurking shadow – the skin on the back of my neck crawls, straining to feel a “real person.”

I peer across the dark at the two men, squinting to make out the details. Something about them seems…but then, in the gloom it’s so hard to make out details – perhaps it’s my imagination.

Should I cross? Or would it be best to wait?

I stand, frozen by indecision, my stare shifting between the narrow span of the bridge and the two men on the far side of the chasme.

I shudder a moment, and the feeling makes me want to take hold of myself. I struggle to focus, to dredge my mind for tales from the myths and legends I have studied all my academic life, poring over details in search of hidden treasures to be sure, but nonetheless, my knowledge of the limited literature of Central and South America is strong. As I pause to think, I turn back to Mr.Aubert:

“Have you ever seen the like?”

And I wait, sure the man is just a Jungian manifestation, but hoping that he has a line into my inner mind…

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
You recognize the two bearded men from the strange drawings in the dream house. They appear middle eastern, with rich thick beards like those depicted in Sumerian bas-reliefs. Both are wearing the Pschent, or the double crown of upper and lower Egypt. Their clothing and jewelry is a strange mixture of pre-Colombian and Old World.

You are positive that these strange men are from no known myth cycle. Perhaps your fevered imagination has created them from the flotsam and jetsam of your studies. And yet, they don't feel like a bad collage. They feel right, as if they belong here in this cavern of dancing flame.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next