It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Battletech Photos on the Jigg Group - It's fun, really 

Post Re: Battletech Photos on the Jigg Group - It's fun, really
Giovanni, let me be the voice of the devil. I at least find Battletech minis to be very easy to paint. People take me forever, and I'm never satisfied. But robots are so much easier. I bet you could paint up a lance in a few hours.

Seriously though, I understand. I bought several boxes of modern 1/72 and they are just sitting in my closet making me feel lazy.

John

PS. Congratulations on the kid!

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Speaking of giant robots, has anyone here tried ? I've always been fascinated by the world created by Dream Pod 9 for Heavy Gear and have been wanting to get into it for a long time.
Then I was watching VOTOMS the other day and now I can't stop thinking about starting up Heavy Gear Blitz!

Just thought I'd check... :)

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi I checked that web site, I think some stuff is quite nice, but the big weapons kind of turn me off. I like the 80ies feeling of battletech, the fact that the robots look kind of square is great.

Too modern too fancy sorry not for me really. I think I really play toy soldiers to feel again those emotions I used to feel when I was a care free kid! Pretty much Natsukashii japanese stile.

I am a sad person am i? LOL!

Giovanni

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

---------
I think they're rather moderately sized, at least compared to certiain... other games. :)

The whole realistic approach to mecha really appeals to me. In heavy gear they're of course heavily used, but a regular tank will blow a gear (as they're called) to bits if it can get it in its sights. Combined arms is the name of the game so to speak, even regular infantry has their uses.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but at least it's about big robots! :D

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2