It is currently Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Battlefleet Gothic 

Post Battlefleet Gothic
I got BFG shrinkwrapped at the last Game Show for 2000 yen. I opened it and it seems interesting but nothing punched yet.

Is this a good game or should I just try to sell it and get into Full Thrust? Anyone out there plays?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Battlefleet Gothic
I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you're heavily into the
40k universe I'd say go for it, but if you're just looking for a fun, lightweight space/naval game then I'd try Full Thrust intead if I were you.

The rules are similar in many ways. Basically BFG feels like a slightly simplified version of Full Thrust (not that FT is especially complex). Actually my first thougth when reading Full Thrust wa to start playing BFG with the FT ruleset, since it has a lot more options to offer.

I love the 40k universe and I've played BFG a lot and always had fun doing so, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I think Full Thrust is the better game.

From a financial perspective there's simply no contest. You can get a decent sized Full Thrust starter fleet (like ) for the same price as a single BFG battleship.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am
Profile E-mail

Well I like WH40K stuff but wouldn't say I was a fanatic. It's fine. I saw your Full Thrust models. I have to say they were nice. I was looking at the company that was making models based on the ships from "Homeworld".

Are there any mods to use Full Thrust with BFG ships?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Well, since Full Thrust is so modular in itself you could easily create FT versions of BFG ships. There are extensive rules on how to design your own ships and I think that's one of the reasons the system seems so popular; it's easy to adapt it to the sci-fi universe of your choice.

I remember seeing some fan project about making Homeworld ships, I just can't remember where. Star Ranger's is a good place to start looking though.

Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]