It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Battlefleet Gothic 
Site Admin

Post Battlefleet Gothic
Is there anyone playing or who would be interested in playing Battlefleet Gothic?

I'm going back home for a bit in May and I've been thinking of maybe bringing BFG and a fleet or two back with me. Of course, this is only if there is any one who's actually interested in it.

For those who don't know it it's a spaceship (think naval) combat game that Games Workshop released in 1999. It has the same basic rules system as the now out of print Epic 40,000 which I really like. It's streamlined so you don't get a headache from playing it but at the same time not so abstract that you loose the spectacle of kilometers long starships firing broadsides at each other.

You can read summary about it and if you're curious about the rules they can be downloaded .

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Battlefleet Gothic
Hey there,

Glad to see there are other GW fans out there!
I did play BFG some years ago (eldar fleet) but sold everything cause Warhammer fantasy and historicals were taking up too much of my time.
So in case you bring back two fleets I will be more than happy to play :D

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:52 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
Post Re: Battlefleet Gothic
Hi there Achilles!

As it turns out I decided against bringing BFG here and instead took up Full Thrust. You might have caught a glance of it last Sunday as me and Paul had a quick cruiser duel to try out the rules.

BFG is similar to FT in many ways and when I read the rules it felt quite obvious to me that Andy and Jervis took a lot of inspiration from Full Thrust when designing BFG.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]