It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bad News, Good News 

Post Bad News, Good News
Hey everyone. I hope everyone is well. And now its time for my quarterly post and this one has some exciting ups and some extreme downs.

To begin might as well get the downs out of the way. I was preparing to go help judge at GP Denver this two weeks ago, with the intent on judging, doing some massive trading, and of couse slinging some cardboard (been rocking Ramirez DePeitro, the most flamboyant pirate to sail the High Seas, as my general in my latest Zombie-Pirate EDH deck) Well needless to say my back pack was extremely valuable. It's contents containing some decks of each format and a trade binder that was some where along the lines of a playset of all the duals, 12 force of wills 18 Wastelands, a foil Rafiq EDH deck ect. Well I was playing some cards the night before I left went to catch some zzz's at about 1 a.m. the night before the flight. When I went to leave for the airport the next morning my truck had been broken into and my back pack was gone.... I realize it was stupid of me to leave them sitting in my Truck but they were fairly well hidden and my doors were lock.

Anyways despite having lost a ton of cards and left to start all over from scratch I am now currently in very good spirits. I have my interview tomorrow for the JET Program and things are looking very promising. If I get the job I will have had enough time to bounce back from this set back and be playing some amazing EDH with you guys at shakeys come August!

Also I have had some computer problems and haven't been on lackey in awhile. I have reformatted and updated my computer, and hope to see you all on there soon.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Bad News, Good News
Those are rough beats.

Good luck with your interview.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 am
Profile E-mail

Dude, that totally sucks - you're far too nice to have that happen to you. Good luck with the interview...JET can be a nice foot in the door, especially for someone who actually has language skills. Here's hoping for a Kanto posting!
Shakey's is back from a hiatus, and i have to say tonight was one of my best gaming nights for a long time (thanks guys)...even though in my second game I kept a hand i should have mulliganed and only cast two spells before a graceless exit. We even got some new blood, in the sense that I haven't been that regular and i hadn't seen them before.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Here's to hoping. I requested the Kanto or the Kansai area, but made it abundantly clear that I would be ecstatic were ever they put me.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile E-mail

This has been a fantastic weekend. I've been doing a ton of judging lately rebuilding my collection. Two Nationals Qualifiers, and a Midwest Masters Qualifier and three boxes of besieged later I stumbled into my house and collapsed into my computer chair to check my email before crashing into my bed to remedy the lack of sleep for the past 72 hours. When I was instantly wide awake due to an email from the JET Program. I have been accepted!!! I will be moving back to Japan at the July 30!

I still don't know where I will be placed but thats a minor issue. My new question now is, do you guys know of any certifided Japanese judges that judge the english tournaments, or stores in Japan that have a large english speaking community that I could contact? A judge would be more benificial. I want to stay active with my judging, even though I will be in Japan. The major events like GPs and PTs wont be a problem getting information on, but I love working at local levels and trying to improve community growth.

Either way I will be in Tokyo for at least a week or two in Aug for the orientation process. Hopefully I will be able to sneak away for a night or two and visit Shakeys.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

There are a few gaijin judges but i only see them at big events. There is shindo who speaks English but his events (and all others) have mostly Japanese players.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am
Profile E-mail

---------
That's fine. While my japanese is far from perfect it does extend past your normal points and grunts that usually take place at a international table at tournaments. However, things like steps, phases, priority ect. aren't exactly words that are used in an everyday conversation. I'm just looking for a Judge that I could possibly shadow at a few events once I get settled.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:13 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]