It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Awesome new boardgame/card game 

Post Awesome new boardgame/card game
Hi all,

I have moved back to the US as of Sept. because of a new teaching job. I miss the boardgame group when I could go. But, I have since found a group at the university near my new apartment. They introduced a new game called Dominion and I was blown away. You all have to get a copy with an expansion and play this game. It involved using cards that allow you to buy characters that have special abilities. You slowly build up your hand of cards and when 3 out of the 12 stacks of cards run out, the game ends and you count how many points you have. Please check it out online for the specifics and I hope you all get to play it.
I remember that I played one game with some people in Takadanobaba where we had to listen to downloaded voice files that control how the game proceeds. It involved the players to control areas of a ship, firing lasers, putting energy cubes into the engine, launching ships, etc. Does anyone remember the name of this game?

Hope to come back someday and play with you all,
Jeffrey

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:40 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Re: Awesome new boardgame/card game
Hey Jeff! Long time no see. :)

Yeah, Dominion is quite popular over att BGG. I haven't played it myself yet, but would definitely like to try it out some day.

As for the game you mentioned, it's called Space Alert. I remember playing it with you and Goran and a couple of other guys and I still think that first session was the most fun! Simply because no one really knew the game and there were chaos and confusion everywhere. Haha! :D

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Post Re: Awesome new boardgame/card game
yeah Dominion is a great game! I actually have a copy in Japan so I can bring it to a game day if there is ever one in Yoyogi again.

Those of you who want to try it before you buy it, play it on BSW.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]