It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:51 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Anyone interested in WHFRP or 40krp? 
Site Admin

Post Re: Anyone interested in WHFRP or 40krp?
BAustin wrote:

This is definately a game I would love to play, even as a one-off with pregenerated characters by the DM.

This is something I've been thinking about and may get around doing later on. Either with Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Well, FFG has released the Rogue Trader demo adventure "Forsaken Bounty" for download and I thought I'd make an effort and try to run it at a future game day.

Who's in? :D

Oh, and needless to say I suggest you don't read the adventure if you want to play it. Unless you're unfamiliar with the 40k RPG rules in which case you should but just read the first part with the quickstart rules.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Heh, I was going to come on here and mention it, but yeah, I've read it.

They seem to be quite powerful for rank one characters don't they? At least, the capability of the PC's would appear to have improved from what little I saw of Dark Heresy.
Systematically, as far as I can tell, it's a very similar deal to DH, which is good for any crossover goodness DM's might wish to engage in (I can certainly envisage the Inquisition having an interest in some of the stuff that probably winds up on a Rogue Trader vessel!), aside from the stuff they obviously didn't have room for in the quickstart rules, like hit locations and crits.
I'll throw my hand up like an overeager child and declare in a loud voice that I'm 'in', ever so 'in', sir.
I read a TEENSY amount of the adventure already, though. Like, a smidgen >____>

Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I've sent out emails to the others in this thread and I've been thinking of trying to get something going on the next Yoyogi game day on the 18th.

Since it's a short scenario I think there'd still be time for lots of other games as well. :)

Feel free to start pondering what kind of roles you'd like to play and if someone would be interested in the titular rogue trader.

The characters available are:

• Rogue Trader Sarvus Trask - Charismatic leader and fierce melee fighter.
  • Arch-Militant Lorayne Thornhollow - Soldier/bodyguard with a big gun.
  • Seneschal Nathin Tsanthos - Walking encyclopedia and tech-expert.
  • Missionary Malakai Burtin - A religious zealot with a flamethrower.
  • Void-Master Dominik Van Goren - A gifted pilot and jack-of-all-trades.

There's no real districtions on who plays what, but things to keep in mind is that Sarvus is the de facto leader of the party and the player portraying him should be comfortable with that.
Also Nathin is a seneschal ( a "sage" type character) with a broad base of knowledge and it would be helpful if the player portraying him has at least a basic knowledge of 40k and the Imperium of man.

For people who are interested in it, all of the characters can put up a good fight but naturally some are more suited for it than others (*cough*arch-militant*cough*).

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Foresooth! Let me taketh Malaki, in the name of the Holiness, Bringer of Light, Saviour of Our Universe. I shall bear the burden of conscience, and deliver the word of Our Divine to all that exhale tainted breath.
Clorets will be in our next Psalm.
So says I.

Last edited by BAustin on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hehe! Sounds good Brett.

I've only got two replys so far though and I'd really prefer to have three players...

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 am
Profile E-mail

Ahr, as long as there's still an available spot I'll raise me hand. If the arch-militant is still available, that sort of character probably best fits my playstyle, but I'd be happy to play one of the remaining ones if she's taken. Count me in.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Alright, sounds good. We still need a third player to portray the actual Rogue Trader though...

Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Well, why not. Note that I know nothing of WH. But if you'll have me, I volunteer as the Void-Master.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:05 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
That's great!

And I was contacted by Dave who'll take on the role of Sarvus Trask, so I guess we're good to go. I hope you'll get by without the Seneschal... 8-)

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:34 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next