It is currently Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:13 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Any other Flames of War Players out there? 

Post Re: Any other Flames of War Players out there?
@Giovanni

FOW are releasing Early War later this year. No word on Italian cavalry but could be a possibility.

Cheers
Mike

Mon May 10, 2010 8:15 am
Profile E-mail

Mike the Pike wrote:
Hi there Howard,

There are three of us at the moment down in Aichi who are playing FOW. I'm the only one with minis at the moment but the other two will probably get armies before too much longer. There are a couple of other people who may be interested too.

How about your group Howard? What armies do you play? How much experience do you guys have? We are all FOW noobs, although grizzly vets in many other game systems. Do you get to play very often?

Anyways, it's good to here from you. I hope we can meet up some time for a game.

Cheers
Mike

We're all FoW noobs but grizzled wargamers ourselves. I'm playing an 82nd Airborne parachute rifle company, and also have a small Panerkompanie to use as opfor against the other guys. Another player has a Soviet motostrelkovy battalion going, and a third has an Irish Guards force. We're all late war. I think we're talking a fourth into giving in to his inner Panzergrenadier desire as well :)

We mostly play 40k but we're trying to get FoW in at least once a month. There's seven or eight regulars in the group with some more occasional players.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Howard

Where and when are you guys playing in Tokyo?

I have about every rule book and accessory, and three 2000 point armies. British, German and Italian.

Chris

Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 am
Profile E-mail

Cool! We haven't set up a game day for this month yet but will probably shoot for one in early June next. PM me email/contact info and I'll pass it on to the guy who runs our mailing list.

Thu May 13, 2010 1:52 am
Profile E-mail

@Mike,

I actually did my service in the Cavalry!! but my unit was not operative in the early war, but we used AB41 at El Alamein!!

In Russia the regment Savoia Cavalleria did history's last horse charge!

Cool isn't it!!

Cheers

Giovanni

Thu May 13, 2010 12:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
Sorry for the Threadomancy but I thought foks here might be interested in reading about the first ever, purely, 'Flames of War' event held in the Chubu area.

Check it out here:

Pics of some of my minis:

Cheers
Mike the Pike

P.S. @Tokyo FOW players. Drop by the above linked Nagoyahammer forum sometime. It would great to get in touch with some like minded folks. Who knows some day we might even organize a raid into your territory sometime i.e. come up that way for a few games etc. :)

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2