It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Any other Flames of War Players out there? 

Post Any other Flames of War Players out there?
Hey there,
As the title of this topic suggests, I was wondering if there are any other FOW out there.

I haven't actually played yet but have the basis of Late War Russian and Late War Germans painted up and ready to go. They will hopefully be making their debut at our Nagoya Games Day on the 27th of this month.

So of there are any other players out there I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers
Mike

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Any other Flames of War Players out there?
Hi Mike,

I am not sure that my reply will be satisfactory, but we are a small group of wargamers in Tokyo and we are considering ww2 games.

Not especially FOW but perhaps other rulesets, to fit the 20mm (1\72) scale models easily available in Japan.

If you might have any chance to come to Tokyo we could meet for some kind of game.

CHeers

Giovanni

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

It should be noted that Shosen's Otaku corner, the main location for many boardgame players here, has decided to carry FoW. That said, be very very prepared for sticker shock. I mean, like 250% of what you'd pay anywhere. A tank costing US$12 will run you 3000 yen.

Despite the yen being powerful, the owner has shown no mercy and actually raised prices. I know shipping has increased a little, but hey...

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:26 am
Profile E-mail YIM

I checked it out! pretty intense as a richarge!

Although we being in Japan makes it very easy for us to buy 1/72 plstic kits and adapt the basing for FOW!

I think it is a nice game, but again the 2000 expansions makes it hard to follow!

recentely at the West Tokyo wargamers we are gettign interested in Blietzkrieg commander. pretty easy as rule set and has army lists from 1936 to 1945 so it covers everything!

I could even field Italian Cavalry how cool that is hey??

Giovanni

Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey Guys,
Sorry i haven't replied to this thread sooner.

Down here in Nagoya we are slowly going ahead with Flames of War. We have had half a dozen games so far and it seems quite an easy game to play, especially coming from a GW background.

The Minis are nice, and even though I do say so myself (so far they are all mine), look really good swarming across the table. we have been playing late war Russians vs. Germans. Hopefully, sometime this year they will be joined by Free French and British.

With the strength of the yen it has meant that ordering minis from abroad isn't too expensive, especially if you use one of the main discount sites e.g. Wayland, Caliver etc. It's also nice to be supporting a New Zealand company for a change (btw I'm a Kiwi) :)

Cheers
Mike

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Mike,

@ the WestTokyo Wargamers we are playing Blitzkrieg Commander but I know that there is a group of player that do play FOW.

They play in Tokyo and they are linked to our club, so if you need I can put them in contact with you.

Cheers

Giovanni

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey Giovanni,
I would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the other FOW guys.
Cheers
Mike

P.S. I was just wondering, why did you guys choose Blitzkrieg Commander/1:72 scale models? Was it just the price factor?

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am
Profile E-mail

HI Mike, I will surely do!

we did choose BKC for 3 main reasons:

1) we already had some 1/72 scale stuff
2) one of our group had the rulebook
3) yes it is chaper and we are in teh land on plastic kits!

We did play so far 3 gams and they all went quite well, the game is fairly light and smooth, and it is adaptable to virtually any scale.

Talk soon

Giovanni

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi! I think I'm one of the people Giovanni was talking about :)

There's about four of us just getting in to Flames of War. In fact we were thinking about asking Giovanni if we could play at one of their game days.

As for buying the stuff, I highly recommend Maelstrom Games in the UK. Free shipping and low prices - definite win over Shosen :)

Sun May 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi there Howard,

There are three of us at the moment down in Aichi who are playing FOW. I'm the only one with minis at the moment but the other two will probably get armies before too much longer. There are a couple of other people who may be interested too.

How about your group Howard? What armies do you play? How much experience do you guys have? We are all FOW noobs, although grizzly vets in many other game systems. Do you get to play very often?

Anyways, it's good to here from you. I hope we can meet up some time for a game.

Cheers
Mike

Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next